McLeod is here at last!!! *PICS*

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
After over 5 weeks of driving with a slipping clutch, the McLeod Twin-disc makes it's late arrival! It will be in tomorrow, and will be racing this weekend after a 500 mile break-in. :D

Clutch1.jpg

Clutch2.jpg

Blades

Established Member
YES!! Now you are gonna have to buy new half shafts when it bites too hard!! Don't you love this mod game? :D

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
holy cow 5 weeks from the time i ordered mine feb 2 till the time i got it feb 8th

anyways i cant wait to here how you like it killobyte i have the same thing going in my car this week or next

let us know how it goes

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
Originally posted by Blades
YES!! Now you are gonna have to buy new half shafts when it bites too hard!! Don't you love this mod game? :D
yep. those are next on the list. then it's time for slicks! :D

Originally posted by vector
holy cow 5 weeks from the time i ordered mine feb 2 till the time i got it feb 8th

anyways i cant wait to here how you like it killobyte i have the same thing going in my car this week or next

let us know how it goes

did you get the 26-spline version or the 10-spline? I got the 26-spline and it had to be custom built my McLeod.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
it looks like "64308-00-07" is written on there. is that a steel flywheel?

edit: 63308 is the aluminum flywheel part number and the ending "07" denotes 26 spline. info found on another forum...

Last edited:

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
Very nice setup, I just put in the CF DF setup. I am still trying to put 500 miles on it. O/T are you coming down to Bradenton in March?

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
it looks like "64308-00-07" is written on there. is that a steel flywheel?

edit: 63308 is the aluminum flywheel part number and the ending "07" denotes 26 spline. info found on another forum...
yep :D

Originally posted by 78mphgpr
Very nice setup, I just put in the CF DF setup. I am still trying to put 500 miles on it. O/T are you coming down to Bradenton in March?
yep :D

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I know we have talked about this before in the forum, but don't remember a resolution. Why did you use steel instead of aluminum?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by 78mphgpr
Hey, I love those wheels. What are they?

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
Hey, I love those wheels. What are they?

SSR GT3's. I almost bought a set myself until the guy on ebay stiffed me and sold them locally one hour before i sent him the money via paypal.

anyway, i went with a steel rather than aluminum flywheel because it's supposed to help get rid of that horrid bog. do a search on modularfords.com... hammer made a post about it.

i got the clutch in today! the pedal is about 50% lighter than stock, actually. but DAMN is it ever ON/OFF!!! i broke the tires loose pulling out of the shop (Lamottas) without even giving it any gas! gonna take some getting used to (no slipping it and all), but this thing GRABS LIKE HELL and just SLINGSHOTS you forward! can't wait to hit the track! :D

03SVTCOBRA10TH

Established Member
Originally posted by KiLLaBytE
SSR GT3's. I almost bought a set myself until the guy on ebay stiffed me and sold them locally one hour before i sent him the money via paypal.

anyway, i went with a steel rather than aluminum flywheel because it's supposed to help get rid of that horrid bog. do a search on modularfords.com... hammer made a post about it.

i got the clutch in today! the pedal is about 50% lighter than stock, actually. but DAMN is it ever ON/OFF!!! i broke the tires loose pulling out of the shop (Lamottas) without even giving it any gas! gonna take some getting used to (no slipping it and all), but this thing GRABS LIKE HELL and just SLINGSHOTS you forward! can't wait to hit the track! :D

How much $$$ and how long to install???? Did they do the input shaft too???

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
Originally posted by 2003snake
How many HP will that thing hold?
as far as i know (someone correct me if i'm wrong), it will easily hold 800+ rwhp/tq.

Originally posted by 03SVTCOBRA10TH
How much $$$ and how long to install???? Did they do the input shaft too???
clutch w/ flywheel and TOB was $799 + S&H
input shaft was $240 + S&H
i took it to the shop for install at 9am and picked it up after work at 7pm. they installed the clutch/flywheel/TOB/input shaft/IRS bushings.

03SVTCOBRA10TH

Established Member
How much did they charge you to install??? I live near there and am very pleased that this work can be done there....... Need to count my savings and make sure I can cover all the expenses......... So how much way the install charges????? Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get this work done!!!!!!!!!!

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Originally posted by KiLLaBytE
the pedal is about 50% lighter than stock, actually. but DAMN is it ever ON/OFF!!! i broke the tires loose pulling out of the shop (Lamottas) without even giving it any gas! gonna take some getting used to (no slipping it and all), but this thing GRABS LIKE HELL and just SLINGSHOTS you forward! can't wait to hit the track! :D
Congrats on the purchase and install. As for the on/pff, i remember talking to Hammer and he said it slips like a stock clutch under normal conditions but will grab when promoted to racing conditions. Can u make it slip at all in normal conditions?

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by Xplicit
Congrats on the purchase and install. As for the on/pff, i remember talking to Hammer and he said it slips like a stock clutch under normal conditions but will grab when promoted to racing conditions. Can u make it slip at all in normal conditions?

I think that will also have a lot to do with what quadrant is being used? If it is a higher ratio you might to go back to a stock ratio in order to have some slip during normal driving.

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
Originally posted by 03SVTCOBRA10TH
How much did they charge you to install??? I live near there and am very pleased that this work can be done there....... Need to count my savings and make sure I can cover all the expenses......... So how much way the install charges????? Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get this work done!!!!!!!!!!
about $400 for clutch/flywheel/TOB/input shaft & necessary fluids.

Originally posted by Xplicit
now that i'm getting more acclimated to it, it is slippable, but it's nowhere near as easy as the stock clutch. it likes to spring the pedal back up, so you have to hold it from doing that, and slip it VERY slowly, otherwise it will grab hard and the car will jerk forward.

i am using the UPR firewall adjuster along with the UPR 3-hook quadrant.

Users who are viewing this thread