Mcleod RXT engagement question.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
I got to get my car out today for the first time since I had the RXT installed in December. I feel like the engagement point is at the very top and the clutch pedal only needs to be pushed an inch to engage, is this normal? I would really prefer the engagement to be in the middle, is there anything I can do?

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
That doesn't sound right, mine is right near the floor as soon as you let it out, same as the stocker.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
When I had a RXT in my 08 GT500 it did the same thing, but from everyone else I talked to they said the was normal RST/RXTs and I never had any issues.

Nsssane1

Established Member
Easiest way is get a tube stopper put a fitting in it, get a vacuum pump from harbor freight put in master cyl.,pump it to 17 psi pump clutch a few times wait 10 mins or so and your done. About $30. Vac pump, barb fitting, stopper, some sealent. I have pics in a thread I started.

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
Did you install the correct slave cylinder when you did the new clutch? Some of the clutches require the 07-09 slave cylinders since the clutch is a carry over from the earlier years. If you are still using the 2011 slave on an RXT with that requires the older slave then it could be the issue.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
Did you ins the correct slave cylinder when you did the new clutch? Some of the clutches require the 07-09 slave cylinders since the clutch is a carry over from the earlier years. If you are still using the 2011 slave on an RXT with that requires the older slave then it could be the issue.

I ordered the 2010+ clutch, JHR ss line, new OEM slave and OEM pilot bearing. The pedal is very firm and responsive, just engages high.

RLB01

Established Member
Have an 07 when installed the RXT the same thing happened to me. I installed a RAM hydraulic pedal adjustment system to take care of this issue.

RLB01

Established Member
To install and adjust the RAM takes about an hour. Be sure to get the flex hydraulic lines for e z install.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
To install and adjust the RAM takes about an hour. Be sure to get the flex hydraulic lines for e z install.

I ordered the kit. I already have a JHR steel line with a -4an fitting so I ordered a -3an to -4an adapter in both male and femal for an easy install. The steel line to the MBS has a -4an fitting on the quick connect fiting. I plan on removing the -4an line from the quick connect, reducing the steel line from -4an to -3an and connecting it to one side of the adjuster, on the other side of the adjuster I will connect the supplied -3an line and run it to the quick connect at the MBS, I will use the -3an male to -4an female adapter and connect the provided line to the MBS.

I hope this works out but it looked fairly easy when I drew it up. I will post my results when I am finished and maybe this can help someone in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread