me versus Carrera S ???

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
I'm not sure what year it is, but I wanted to know how my car will stand up to this Porsche. It's probably a 2006-2007. It's an attorney I know and he was going on about how he was beating up on this Mustang etc...so I'm wondering if I should race him for some cash, and / or pinks lol

my only fear is I currently have 327 gears in my car and my NOS isn't hooked up properly to spray him. My car is still fast but those gears are loooooong !

This guys has soooo much money and my paint looks like hell so I think I could sucker him in to anything :)

Pock

It’s an addiction
Established Member
Well if it is what you say I think it's 3.8-liter six-cylinder, making 355 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque. 0-60 in 4.6 seconds with a quater about 13.14?? I'm not sure about other stats but I'm sure with your gears it will be close.

Last edited:

Fat-cat

Established Member
From a dig if you can drive he has no hope in hell. From a roll it could be close but i think you should have him with your power level.

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
maybe my car is lighter but mine still feels like a mid-low 12sec car how it sits. If the Carrera S runs 13.1 then I bet I can take him.

n99l

Established Member
100% you have him beat. I raced one on the HWY from a 60 roll im my pullied Lightning and it was a dead tie 60-125ish (until i ran out of 3rd gear lol)
I was surpised, but my truck does run high 12's on street tires and low-mid 12's on slicks...
Yea race him for cash, U will blow him out of the water!:rockon:

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
I think the Porsche will be around 3300lbs, are you that light?

not sure if my car is that light I meant lighter than a terminator. I need to get my car weighed. If the Carrera S is 355 hp and that is flywheel I assume so I should have him by ~150 RWHP.

Last edited:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Unless it's a turbo, you don't have to worry about any 911. Even the turbo ones aren't that fast...... until the mods start getting added.

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
interesting....guess I'll have to look at it and see WTF he has b/c apparently he doesn't know. Are the lower end turbo 911's fast ?

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
There's a Carrera, CarreraS, Carrera4, Carrera4S, and Carrera Turbo. These are all iterations of the 911. Only the Turbo model is boosted, unless it's a GT2, which will destroy your car, but costs about 200 grand.

How fast it is (If it's a Turbo) depends on what generation. 997's are pretty quick, 996 and lower are fairly lame though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
maybe my car is lighter but mine still feels like a mid-low 12sec car how it sits. If the Carrera S runs 13.1 then I bet I can take him.

Your car feels like a mid-low 12 second car? It should. You're making 473 / 465 without the juice. For sure your car should run low 12s.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Ironically enough..I am baby sitting a 07 911 4S for a buddy of mine......the car is no slouch....it's impressive for what it is..

However, compared to my car with the 2.93 upper/4 # lower the cobra has way more grunt.

If i could afford it, i'd definitly get a porsche..awesome cars

Users who are viewing this thread