Me vs. 500HP 94 Cobra

John and Renae

Established Member
I made 444 rwhp with an A-trim (8lbs), e-cam, gt-40 irons, longtubes, 30lb injectors and an 8:1 fmu @ 9.4 compression...

Is 500 feesible? Sure. Factor in 2lbs more boost from a more efficient blower (strim-vs a-trim), a better cam, better fuel system and tuning, and it is entirely possible...

Figure another 10hp per pound of boost, another 10 from a good cam, and the remaining 20 is perfectly possible with good tuning...

98gt281

Established Member
John and Renae said:
I made 444 rwhp with an A-trim (8lbs), e-cam, gt-40 irons, longtubes, 30lb injectors and an 8:1 fmu @ 9.4 compression...

Is 500 feesible? Sure. Factor in 2lbs more boost from a more efficient blower (strim-vs a-trim), a better cam, better fuel system and tuning, and it is entirely possible...

Figure another 10hp per pound of boost, another 10 from a good cam, and the remaining 20 is perfectly possible with good tuning...
You seem to know your stuff, how much boost would a 2.95 pulley put out on a 5.0 V2 S-Trim?

98gt281

Established Member
doubletrouble said:
Damn Ben, I didn't know you had an LS1 along with your GT!!!! That's fuggin trick. I saw your bro or friend at the gas station one night and thought it was you in the GT. Turns out you had an LS1 too!!!??? You lucky bastard
Yea, I just picked it up about 2 weeks ago, it is alot faster than the old GT thats for sure. Whats up with ur Cobra? Did you sell it yet?

98gt281

Established Member
My brother is going over to the kids house with a camera to get some clips of the car for you guys that asked to hear it, I guess the 5.0 experts can look under the hood and see whats up with the set-up, like i said, the car sounds really good!

delmarsteelers

Established Member
Well, After getting your butt whipped like you did from a roll I wouldn't be braggin that you are so sure that your car has 500rwhp, because the car most still be slow. You got beat by a car with about 125 hp less than you. This was a roll race. Who cares if he left on the 1st honk, you have 100+ more hp. This is a crazy arguement.
IMO one of 3 things happen:
1) You had it in the wrong gear
2) The car is not producing the HP someone said it is, even if its possible. Put the dyno sheets on the net.
3) The car was spinning like crazy from the rolling start, but I didn't read anything about that.

The SS kicked ass.................Nice show for the SS...............

98gt281

Established Member
delmarsteelers said:
Well, After getting your butt whipped like you did from a roll I wouldn't be braggin that you are so sure that your car has 500rwhp, because the car most still be slow. You got beat by a car with about 125 hp less than you. This was a roll race. Who cares if he left on the 1st honk, you have 100+ more hp. This is a crazy arguement.
2) The car is not producing the HP someone said it is, even if its possible. Put the dyno sheets on the net.
3) The car was spinning like crazy from the rolling start, but I didn't read anything about that.

Hehe, the guy who owns the Cobra does not post here. I am the owner of the SS, if you watch the vid you can see I left AFTER the 3rd honk, it is not really even hard to tell, thanks for the props though.

98gt281

Established Member
delmarsteelers said:
Car sounds good.

Now take the camera and go film the race from sitting in the cobra. This will end this arguement.
Will do, look for the vid sometime in the next few weeks. :beer:

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
I Guess there are alot of people here that havn't been around enough 5.0's Thos mods most certainly will put him around 500rwhp. 306, custom cams, intake and ported GT40's thats over 300 in NA Form. Add the other bolt ons and I see it easily around 500hp. shoot 8 lbs should get him easily to 430. boost pipe another 2psi or so so nowwere around 450. and thats just from an 8lb pulley. He is useing a smaller pulley so figure another 3-5psi and yeah he is in the ballpark of 500 and thats just by lowballing the mods list.

trance565

Established Member
delmarsteelers said:

ok, lol my friend, had it in third, and couldnt get in to 2nd gear in time for the 3rd honk, hence the .5 second jump
then, since the car and clutch is new (clutch is much heavier than his last) he was shifting pretty slow
and half way through the race, or near the end, the acc. belt got shredded
in teh 2nd race (not on vid) my friend didnt even have the belt (didnt know at the time ( messed up shit)) and it was dead even, with my friend still shifting pretty slow

also, i believe he's pushing about 12 psi

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
type911 said:
I Guess there are alot of people here that havn't been around enough 5.0's Thos mods most certainly will put him around 500rwhp. 306, custom cams,

Well you certainly have been around 5.0s since you were born seeing as how you think the 5.0 has more than 1 cam. :rockon:

John and Renae

Established Member
You seem to know your stuff, how much boost would a 2.95 pulley put out on a 5.0 V2 S-Trim?

I have seen most people who go from a 3.33 to a 2.95 pick up @ 3-4lbs sometimes a little more. I am running a 3.33 on my sq now and I am seeing 10lbs max. If I were to step to the 2.95 (assuming no belt slip, and no other changes to intake/heads or exhaust) I could expect to see @ 13-14lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread