Me Vs. Srt-4

nates03L

SVT Punk
Established Member
This is just a short vid of me going against a SRT-4 on the highway. I wish i could of gotten him from a stop, but of course the turbo guys only race from a roll. The first race i never even heard him honk, so just ignore that one. The second one is the only one that matters, Enjoy!
http://www.gtphorsepower.com/ford/
Just click the SRTvl link( its the last one)

Im workin on a pretty big video so hopefully i will have it loaded up in a week or two.

nates03L

SVT Punk
Established Member
yea it wouldnt of even been close from a dig. I have ridden in the car and it really isnt anything to be scared of off the line. Hopefully i can get him to race me from a stop.

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
:nonono: I know you're only 19yrs old but stop racing in traffic. You guys are going to kill someone or yourselves. :nono:

That said, you walked away from him on that second run. :beer:
I personally wouldn't waste my gas racing an srt4 on the street.

|SvT-TiPsY|

Go Cubs.....WooT!
Established Member
nastynivek said:
:nonono: I know you're only 19yrs old but stop racing in traffic. You guys are going to kill someone or yourselves. :nono:

That said, you walked away from him on that second run. :beer:
I personally wouldn't waste my gas racing an srt4 on the street.
+1 street racing is just getting old and stupid now, out here in San Diego we lose KIDS all the time from that stupid shit! That is why they started up the www.racelegal.com program at the Chargers stadium. They just weren't getting through to these kids and now there has been a significant drop in deaths and acidents related to street racing. Everyone has a track nearby, stay off the streets with the stupid shit!

Mike

|SvT-TiPsY|

Go Cubs.....WooT!
Established Member
PS I grew up around that neiborhood of Bolingbrook and I know the Cops out there don't play that shit. Be careful and watch out for my parents, they still live there....

Mike

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
from a dig the Lightning will own a drt4...depending on whats done to the srt4. Before i got rid of the Lightning i raced my buddys srt4 and i kicked his ass from a dig but if we ran from a roll or even a dig the top end of the lightning is nothing compared to the srt4's. Good vid though. like said before dont race in traffic

MOORESPEED

Established Member
Ill try to post the vid up of the SRT4 I ran. He had the boost bypass kit, 14psi, and a 75 dry shot with a 3" open downpipe. He was on nitto drags and still wouldnt go from a dig, so we went from a 20mph roll. first run, 3 honks and he instantly jumped a half a car out on me, but luckly he had to let out due to nitrous issues. So we got to line up again, but this time i dropped the truck down into 1st and 3 honks were off. Wow what a difference not having to wait for it to downshift. We both jumped into it side by side 1st gear, 2nd gear ( about half a car ), 3rd gear ( about a car ), and 4th gear I shut down around 112. I knew if I kept going he would have started to run me down. Damn good race though. Dont ever underestimate a 4cyl. though, because no matter what theres always one out there that will beat you. Down here we have a few 11sec. hondas, couple 10,s and a guy by the name of Colin had a fast CRX turbo on the street, but went into the Nopi scene so he turned it into a full race car, but hes in the low 9's now.

nates03L

SVT Punk
Established Member
You don't have to keep tellin me how stupid it is to race in traffic, i already know. I knew i was gonna get crap for postin this, but it was just kinda a sper of the moment things. I usually try and keep my street racing to the industrial areas near me( where there is noone around).

MOORESPEED:it would be sweet to see that vid, and trust me i would never underestimate a 4-banger(especially a turboed one). All those things need are the normal bolt-ons and they can haul.

|SvT-TiPsY|

Go Cubs.....WooT!
Established Member
nates03L said:
You don't have to keep tellin me how stupid it is to race in traffic, i already know. I knew i was gonna get crap for postin this, but it was just kinda a sper of the moment things. I usually try and keep my street racing to the industrial areas near me( where there is noone around).

MOORESPEED:it would be sweet to see that vid, and trust me i would never underestimate a 4-banger(especially a turboed one). All those things need are the normal bolt-ons and they can haul.
Obviously we do because you are still doing it. When you lose a friend you will realize how stupid it is to race anywhere but on a track. Where is there industrial areas in Bolingbrook, I grew up there....

I went to Bolingbrook high school for 2 years before I moved to Dolton/Riverdale area.....

Try to stay off the street and remember: you may be in control of your vehicle, but you can't trust the people you race against. If they die racing you or kill some innocent bystander and the cops find out you were involved in illiegal street racing, you will be brought up on FELONY charges.....

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
MOORESPEED: "Don't ever underestimate a 4cyl." :lol1: :dw:

Maybe the lil bitty 4cyl cars out there shouldn't underestimate a big ole Ford pick-up that has a supercharged 5.4 under the hood :rockon: . LOL.

Not saying that a Lightning will win every race, as I had some kid in a sprayed Eclipse kill me a while back,...got me on the top end. Anyway, It's just funny that the guys in the little "sports" cars like to "pick" on our trucks all the time. I definitely don't go around looking for "ricers", but they seem to always want to rev their little engines when I'm sitting at a stoplight OR play "catch up" in traffic and try to race from a roll. I'll admit that I have jumped all over a few of them from a stoplight dig, but I always try to shut it down at the speed limit. Usually I'm so far ahead of them by 50mph that there's nothing left to prove. And racing from a roll on the street is just too damned dangerous in my opinion. However, I really do love the look on their faces when the truck owns their little 4cyl cars. Priceless.

Damn, this site is running slower than my grandmother. LOL.

XxsvtkidxX

Established Member
nates03L said:
yea it wouldnt of even been close from a dig. I have ridden in the car and it really isnt anything to be scared of off the line. Hopefully i can get him to race me from a stop.

hey bro don't worry all about the street racing if its fun to you than keep doing it...you saw my vid i posted online...shit i always stop traffic on the highway to dig race or go to low speeds for a nice roll race. anyways keep those vids coming....and i'll show you guys more vids of me when it stops snowing! and spring time comes........nate what mods do you have done to your truck?? and times @ the track if n e? i'm heading to chicago,IL december 17th for the halo 2 regonal tournaments!! i wanna see all those bad ass cars there...plus my uncle lives in elgin

nates03L

SVT Punk
Established Member
XxsvtkidxX said:
hey bro don't worry all about the street racing if its fun to you than keep doing it...you saw my vid i posted online...shit i always stop traffic on the highway to dig race or go to low speeds for a nice roll race. anyways keep those vids coming....and i'll show you guys more vids of me when it stops snowing! and spring time comes........nate what mods do you have done to your truck?? and times @ the track if n e? i'm heading to chicago,IL december 17th for the halo 2 regonal tournaments!! i wanna see all those bad ass cars there...plus my uncle lives in elgin

ha,i appreciate the encouragement. Check out the new vid im gonna post it should have most of my mods on it. i dont know if you are gonna just be in town on the 17th, but i think there is a chance there is gonna be a L meet on the 18th. I think the street races arent gonna resume until spring, but i'll keep my eye out. Just shoot me a pm if you wanna meet up somewhere.

MOORESPEED

Established Member
nastynivek said:
MOORESPEED: "Don't ever underestimate a 4cyl." :lol1: :dw:

Maybe the lil bitty 4cyl cars out there shouldn't underestimate a big ole Ford pick-up that has a supercharged 5.4 under the hood :rockon: . LOL.

Not saying that a Lightning will win every race, as I had some kid in a sprayed Eclipse kill me a while back,...got me on the top end. Anyway, It's just funny that the guys in the little "sports" cars like to "pick" on our trucks all the time. I definitely don't go around looking for "ricers", but they seem to always want to rev their little engines when I'm sitting at a stoplight OR play "catch up" in traffic and try to race from a roll. I'll admit that I have jumped all over a few of them from a stoplight dig, but I always try to shut it down at the speed limit. Usually I'm so far ahead of them by 50mph that there's nothing left to prove. And racing from a roll on the street is just too damned dangerous in my opinion. However, I really do love the look on their faces when the truck owns their little 4cyl cars. Priceless.

Damn, this site is running slower than my grandmother. LOL.

With all that said, just remember. Theres always going to be a lil bitty 4cyl car out there thats going to beat your big ole Ford pick-up that has a supercharged 5.4 under the hood. Sorry. Shit happens :thumbsup:

XxsvtkidxX

Established Member
MOORESPEED said:
With all that said, just remember. Theres always going to be a lil bitty 4cyl car out there thats going to beat your big ole Ford pick-up that has a supercharged 5.4 under the hood. Sorry. Shit happens :thumbsup:

i know....my friends srt-4 owns me from a dig and a roll.......but thats his stage 2 with a gt40 turbo....that fu*er flies

Users who are viewing this thread