Mean has a new car?!?!?!

C Weil

Established Member
Nice! Congrats dude!

So, which one of them is yours? :D

Tyler, I know for a fact that not ALL of the machine shops in the area are booked, because I know of two that are for sure having "slow business" right now, so I doubt they really looked around. They just took it to whoever they usually take it to, which I'm guessing is Eastside Machine (or might be C&D Precision). The former does the rebuilds for Kirkland Ford and some others, and C&D does very little modular stuff (mostly Lightnings). Don't ask me how I feel about them! But, how'd the Supra do? :D

Tylerb59

Established Member
They were going for 'the record' on the stock (twin) turbos, and the goal was to hit 500rwhp. They came up slightly short with 490rwhp and 520-550ish tq (Don't remember).

There was a small crowd waiting to see it happen ... I left work after lunch to see it ... the video is probably up on the Supra forum already. Those are some pretty good numbers, but if he'd 'upgrade' to a single turbo he'd easily make 6-700rwhp.

Joe5.0

Established Member
Thanx christian sorry u difnt get to see the old one lol. No biggy this one is above and beyond. Just needs more power thats it no exterior or interior mods.

ltngstrucktwice

Head Clown
Established Member
Better Rods
DOHC
6spd
Easier to mod.
SVT guages
Congrats bro. One thing about the GT motor...you guys know them inside and out and you pull one out in no time.

Last edited:

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member
RickSvt said:
So how come you didnt get a cobra???

Rick

I saw the black one on the dealer site, but I just figured Mean wanted to stay with the Saleen theme... either way at least it's the supercharged one!!!

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member
mean saleen said:
Thanx christian sorry u difnt get to see the old one lol. No biggy this one is above and beyond. Just needs more power thats it no exterior or interior mods.

That's cool... would have been nice but I'll assume that it was a nice one in it's day! I'm pretty sure that this version is pretty nice too:thumbsup:

Joe5.0

Established Member
Just like the saleens more man. They catch eyes like no other. It is supercharged too and prolly has 340rwhp like the 2000 (old cursed one)stock.I dont like irs, who needs 6 gears?Its not easier to mod but cheaper lol, The saleen interior is way nicer than the cobra in my opionion(recardo ),and we got this car for 34k with 3k mi on it retail value 54k can u say STEAL!lol bryan "svt guages" yea saleen guages are cool too yah know.Overall just love saleens. Just needs more go, the exterior and interior is definatley done.

Joe5.0

Established Member
Christian said:
That's cool... would have been nice but I'll assume that it was a nice one in it's day! I'm pretty sure that this version is pretty nice too:thumbsup:

This Version is definately nice! :pepper: Thanx Bryan!

C Weil

Established Member
Very cool. Are you guys keeping the 2000 then?

mean saleen said:
The saleen interior is way nicer than the cobra in my opionion(recardo)

Those aren't Recaro's, actually. They stopped offering them in 2003 (might've been 2002) and started making their own seats out of the stock seat frames. Thats what yours has. They aren't quite as nice as the Recaros, but they're also totally free! :thumbsup: Hell of a big improvement over the stock seats, though!

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
lol i can just see it already. Your dad is gonna come to one of the meets with the saleen and its gonna start all over again(the cobra has a way of getting you dads attention). why didnt you go with a cobra vert and then buy the saleen body kit? Woulda been cheaper.

Joe5.0

Established Member
C Weil said:
Very cool. Are you guys keeping the 2000 then?

Those aren't Recaro's, actually. They stopped offering them in 2003 (might've been 2002) and started making their own seats out of the stock seat frames. Thats what yours has. They aren't quite as nice as the Recaros, but they're also totally free! :thumbsup: Hell of a big improvement over the stock seats, though!

no trading in the 2000 for the 2003. And on the seats either way there nice lol. :)

Joe5.0

Established Member
Shangsta said:
lol i can just see it already. Your dad is gonna come to one of the meets with the saleen and its gonna start all over again(the cobra has a way of getting you dads attention). why didnt you go with a cobra vert and then buy the saleen body kit? Woulda been cheaper.

I can guarentee you this wont happen. Theres more to the saleen than just the body kit. Suspension, interior etc... We need somehting we can drive not sit and wait for parts and thats exactly what we got. Doesnt need a body kit, or interior, or suspension, just needs some drivetrain parts and some motor modifications and were done.The 03/04 cobra is an animal and a great car but just somethin about those saleens :p

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Actually, the 04 Saleen cobras had a retail tag of 51k for a coupe and 54k for a vert......

If you want info on saleen, i know someone who works there and builds them if you are interested...PM me for his number

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread