Meet Big Bird - BBR's 2015 GT

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Read through the whole post and finally got it.....The CAR is BIG BIRD!!!! Maybe I should call my 12 Grover:rolling:

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
I had the chance to pick up our 2015 Mustang GT this past weekend.

iz3qf8.jpg

2wemomw.jpg

Like I thought, the S550's interior and rear design look great, the front ... not so much.

Good luck, enjoy your car, and stay safe!

BattleMug

Established Member
Here are the pics of the JLT oil separator results after 1200 miles from NJ to FL. We didn't measure the exact amount, but they're definitely worth it. Jay does have the pics, but something tells me he's going to be a little busy out playing with the CO 2015 that he picked up today.

JLT1.jpg
JLT2.jpg
JLT3.jpg

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Holy hell. With a 15% drivetrain loss that's over 450 bhp. Are those typical numbers for these cars?

It appears it is. There have been 5 cars on Mustang6G that have dynoed right around 390RWHP. Seems to be the norm...

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Congrats on the car ! Seems like it was a good ride back, and yeah doing 85 ? Haha been me I would have been pulled over 8 times before leaving the state !

Car made good power on the dyno...can def say its broken in a bit. You guys going to bring by towers any time soon ?
Looking forward to see what you do to the car. Speaking of.....when is the Hellion kit going on ? :D

Should have it out this weekend at the STEEDA show.

Can you fit 15x10 rear???

With the larger brakes on the car's now, as of now.... 17s only

1200 miles wasn't enough?

Not really. Was all highway mileage. Not a lot of miles either.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I want to add more to explain some things on this car too.

I took some pictures this morning on the way in to show some nice features.

here is the almighty cup holder we all have been waiting for. We can shift the car and not have the drink in the way!

2mzbzt.jpg

And with a drink....

id4pr8.jpg

Here is also your new key... well lack of.. This is the hardest thing to get used to. If you walk away from the car with it running and this FOB in your pocket, it will beep at you a couple times.

2gt5751.jpg

Now here are the ONLY issues I have found with this car:

While driving you focus is on the long and wider hood. At night, lights from other vehicles or street lights do reflect on it and sometimes it is very distracting. I took this at a dead stop this morning.

2zyiwb9.jpg

Here is the issues which may be my own but i rested my arm on the door as I would be driving it and you can see how much farther the window switches are. I am not that short of a person either. LOL

ouyt00.jpg

And the dead pedal which in my opinion is to close to the clutch pedal. When you rest your foot on it... you can 100% touch the clutch pedal without even trying. Just something to be careful about to others. I should have gotten a better picture but under the dash your the top of your foot would rest is where it hits the clutch pedal the most.

*excuse the dirty carpet. Have not cleaned it yet since it's drive

2cdv1xf.jpg

BUT AGAIN... These couple issues are not to stop me from picking one up myself. I can say that this car gets the head turns, the likes, and it drives better then another one prior to it. Once the modding begins... it can only get better!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

jacker1991

Established Member
I don't know why, but I have never been able to use the dead pedal. When I try to rest my foot there, I feel uncomfortable. It bothers the heck out of me not being able to do it. :(

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I don't know why, but I have never been able to use the dead pedal. When I try to rest my foot there, I feel uncomfortable. It bothers the heck out of me not being able to do it. :(

I have never rested my foot there. I have however put my foot there doing a high G right hand turn. I only use it for bracing. Hope this one isnt as close as your making out, i have wide feet. But thats just knitpicking a great car.

Husker

Established Member
Fuel mileage was pretty good as she got 350-380 to a tank every full up. We had to stop 4 times for fuel (didnt completely empty each tank)

Any chance you have the actual MPG on your trip?

Also, the oil separator, do you have a link explaining what it does + why I would want to add one to my car when it arrives?

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Any chance you have the actual MPG on your trip?

Also, the oil separator, do you have a link explaining what it does + why I would want to add one to my car when it arrives?

It was always between 23-25mpg at a speed of 80-100mph

The seperator ties between the hose that connect to the head to the manifold. Think of it as a vacuum line. These motors suck in a lot of oil and these keeps that from happening. These prevent oil getting caught in the manifold and as you can see in the picture... it works.

Husker

Established Member
It was always between 23-25mpg at a speed of 80-100mph

The seperator ties between the hose that connect to the head to the manifold. Think of it as a vacuum line. These motors suck in a lot of oil and these keeps that from happening. These prevent oil getting caught in the manifold and as you can see in the picture... it works.

Thank-U.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Thanks for the information....looking to add one eventually. Want to see what else is coming out on these but, really like the GT. I wanted the Recaros but, I am hearing that the stock seats are really good. Would you agree?

Husker

Established Member
Thanks for the information....looking to add one eventually. Want to see what else is coming out on these but, really like the GT. I wanted the Recaros but, I am hearing that the stock seats are really good. Would you agree?

This guy didn't like the standard seats:

[video=youtube;XHalSAlxE1o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHalSAlxE1o[/video]

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Recaro's will always be better as they are a racing seat but the stock ones I really liked and would be happy with.

Users who are viewing this thread