Meet Big Bird - BBR's 2015 GT

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I had the chance to pick up our 2015 Mustang GT this past weekend.

I wanted to do a write-up on on as a real first hand type of person who was honestly.... very against these cars. The body still has to grow on me... like a lot. LOL

Story:

Friday morning I caught a flight to NJ to pick up our new S550 Stang. Once I arrived, a local friend picked me up and took me over to Fullerton Ford. Once all the paperwork was finalized, we took the car and started our 1200 mile trip back here to Boca.

First thing is first.. Felt really good leaving the Newark airport and seeing the new World Trade Center Building
11btgu0.jpg

When I left the dealer, here is when the trip started:
2m6qpdu.jpg

sxdis0.jpg

Now before we left NJ, we stopped at my friends house to snap a couple pics with his 2014... as you can see... nothing looks the same LOL

iz3qf8.jpg

2wemomw.jpg

Now before I get into my experiences with this car... PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOTHING LIKE ANY OTHER YEAR MUSTANG AND YOU CANNOT COMPARE IT TO ANYTHING

Now first thing I want to go over is the interior. The seats are like nothing else and I fit perfect in them. The material used is softer and the seat actually holds you tight. The steering wheel and switches are well placed and all over easy access. The center console is easy to navigate and broken down barney style.

6tmumv.jpg

Ill snap a picture today but to go into reverse now.... you have to push up on the shifter handle. No more pushing down.

The only issues I had was that it does not go low enough so your head is close to the ceiling. I'm not a tall person either. LOL The window switches are places more forward so you have to move your body to open or close the window unless you have long arms. The dead pedal is pretty much on top of the clutch pedal so you have to be careful when you go to rest your foot.

Besides that, I has no problems with this car on it's 20 hour drive back here. Fuel mileage was pretty good as she got 350-380 to a tank every full up. We had to stop 4 times for fuel (didnt completely empty each tank)

eju26o.jpg

here are some pictures from the drive:

11t5sm0.jpg

141jfio.jpg

The model we picked was with 3.55 rear gears so for the MPH and RPM.. I was happy with the mileage

24pma8i.jpg

Once I arrived here Saturday evening, we put her right on the dyno and made some BONE STOCK dyno pulls. Maybe a 10minute cool down time.

xcprew.jpg

34q76fo.jpg

Here are your results:
27zan0z.jpg

After this we pulled it off and tested out the linelock feature... She works. LOL

Now that it is a new week, we are going to spend time with her on the dyno and have a lot more fun with it.

I also wanted to add that after this drive. I love this car. Makes my 13 feel ancient too. I recommend them and on a scale of 1 - 10.. I give it an 8. This is all based off the ride. The looks... still has to grow on me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Branhammer

Established Member
Nice write-up. I'm glad to see a hands-on review from someone who wasn't a fan at first. I can't see your pics at work. What were those dyno #'s?

NickSezz

Established Member
Right in our neighborhood and didn't even stop to say hello...:bash:

J/K Congrats on the car and nice name for it! haha

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
hehe. The first thing I did was look in the glove box. Surprisingly, its a lot smaller and they provide a extra compartment in it now. Some things "may" have to change though.......

This is Chris's car too. Im debating on getting one now. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I forgot to add... our first mod to her was a JLT Oil Catch can

6qfa04.jpg

We did this before the drive back. In 1200 miles... she picked up a lot. Sadly, we dumped it before any pictures were saved. I know Jay has one though.

Branhammer

Established Member
Holy hell. With a 15% drivetrain loss that's over 450 bhp. Are those typical numbers for these cars?

Speedwagon

Established Member
I had the chance to pick up our 2015 Mustang GT this past weekend.

I wanted to do a write-up on on as a real first hand type of person who was honestly.... very against these cars. The body still has to grow on me... like a lot. LOL

Story:

Friday morning I caught a flight to NJ to pick up our new S550 Stang. Once I arrived, a local friend picked me up and took me over to Fullerton Ford. Once all the paperwork was finalized, we took the car and started our 1200 mile trip back here to Boca.

First thing is first.. Felt really good leaving the Newark airport and seeing the new World Trade Center Building
11btgu0.jpg

When I left the dealer, here is when the trip started:
2m6qpdu.jpg

sxdis0.jpg

Now before we left NJ, we stopped at my friends house to snap a couple pics with his 2014... as you can see... nothing looks the same LOL

iz3qf8.jpg

2wemomw.jpg

Now before I get into my experiences with this car... PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOTHING LIKE ANY OTHER YEAR MUSTANG AND YOU CANNOT COMPARE IT TO ANYTHING

Now first thing I want to go over is the interior. The seats are like nothing else and I fit perfect in them. The material used is softer and the seat actually holds you tight. The steering wheel and switches are well placed and all over easy access. The center console is easy to navigate and broken down barney style.

6tmumv.jpg

Ill snap a picture today but to go into reverse now.... you have to push up on the shifter handle. No more pushing down.

The only issues I had was that it does not go low enough so your head is close to the ceiling. I'm not a tall person either. LOL The window switches are places more forward so you have to move your body to open or close the window unless you have long arms. The dead pedal is pretty much on top of the clutch pedal so you have to be careful when you go to rest your foot.

Besides that, I has no problems with this car on it's 20 hour drive back here. Fuel mileage was pretty good as she got 350-380 to a tank every full up. We had to stop 4 times for fuel (didnt completely empty each tank)

eju26o.jpg

here are some pictures from the drive:

11t5sm0.jpg

141jfio.jpg

The model we picked was with 3.55 rear gears so for the MPH and RPM.. I was happy with the mileage

24pma8i.jpg

Once I arrived here Saturday evening, we put her right on the dyno and made some BONE STOCK dyno pulls. Maybe a 10minute cool down time.

xcprew.jpg

34q76fo.jpg

Here are your results:
27zan0z.jpg

After this we pulled it off and tested out the linelock feature... She works. LOL

Now that it is a new week, we are going to spend time with her on the dyno and have a lot more fun with it.

I also wanted to add that after this drive. I love this car. Makes my 13 feel ancient too. I recommend them and on a scale of 1 - 10.. I give it an 8. This is all based off the ride. The looks... still has to grow on me.

Very nice write up...BTW Yeah.. That body style just doesn't do it for me. Im glad I got the 14' when I did. To each his own I guess.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Very nice write up...BTW Yeah.. That body style just doesn't do it for me. Im glad I got the 14' when I did. To each his own I guess.

I said the same thing as I have made it known I do not care for these newer ones but after a drive like this.... It has grown on me. With ROUSH, SALEEN, and RTR body changes coming out.... a few changes will help it a lot.

Congrats BBR. :) I wonder if Steve will be picking one up now, haha.

-Garrett

.......... LOL

Very nice. I was a big fan of the interior as well. That must have been a fun trip.

Yeah man. Stuck out like a sore thumb. It was funny to see people catch up to us or slam on their brakes to see the car. lol

Congrats.

thank you man.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Theirs a lot more on how I feel on it but I want to get more driving time in it and see where it takes me.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Congrats on the car ! Seems like it was a good ride back, and yeah doing 85 ? Haha been me I would have been pulled over 8 times before leaving the state !

Car made good power on the dyno...can def say its broken in a bit. You guys going to bring by towers any time soon ?
Looking forward to see what you do to the car. Speaking of.....when is the Hellion kit going on ? :D

Users who are viewing this thread