meg 105.205 by hand?

Anabolic

Banned
you get the best results from the PC7 right? i couldn't do this by hand??
Also is turtle wax rubbing compound any good? I have some pretty good scratches in the clear I have to.. uhm. clear

Electrokid

Established Member
Turtle Wax rubbing compound is junk. I got it from a relative as a gift one year at Christmas in a car care package and tried on my daily driver. It's got more fillers in it than actual compounding materials.

crazycarlo

Established Member
You will not get the desired results from megs 105/205 using it by hand. IMO you would be wasting your time.

stang banger

Established Member
Do you have pics of the scratches? Your best bet would be to pick up a porter cable 7424xp or the griot's garage dual action polisher both can be found on autogeek.net

SVTDice

Established Member
I did Meg's Ultimate compound and Ultimate polish by hand on my Cobra. (Similar formula as 105/205) Turned out quite well to be honest. Did it fully remove all the swirls? No, Did it get rid of some of them? Yes. Honestly, It took me two full days to fully get it where I wanted it. Took me about half a day to get the correct learning curve by hand. You have to do it in a VERY small sections at a time. Otherwise its a waste of your time and product. One day I'll pick up a dual action but right now. I'll torture my arm. :bash:

530951_4389215622171_497264577_n.jpg

ondeeeznuts

Established Member
By hand it can be accomplished, but not recommended. Unless you have two free days

This is what we get done with a Flex with M105, M205 not even used yet
547440_4589023252303_1612772863_n_zps8a95360b.jpg

After M205 and Flex
528541_4589023612312_2133440363_n_zps66ecd66d.jpg

This whole truck was covered in dealer applied swirls and we got them all out with a two stage and clay

heavenly

Established Member
Check out DetailedImage.com This website provides the products but also has the ASK A PRO Section which provides some detail write ups from some of the best detailers in the country. I would go through them.

crazycarlo

Established Member
You can get a PC or GG polisher, the small bottles of 105/205 2 MF towels and 3 pads for $150 from Autogeek. That's the kit I purchased.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Check out DetailedImage.com This website provides the products but also has the ASK A PRO Section which provides some detail write ups from some of the best detailers in the country. I would go through them.

Autogeek.com has the same thing. Mike Phillips is the man:rockon:

The Mongoose

Established Member
You can get a PC or GG polisher, the small bottles of 105/205 2 MF towels and 3 pads for $150 from Autogeek. That's the kit I purchased.

Can you hook me up with the link for this kit? I searched on there, but couldn't find it.

Also, what is the difference between the GG Polisher and the PC? Is the GG Polisher as easy to use as the PC in regards to it being hard to really **** up your paint job?

Last edited:

04svtterm

Established Member
Cant get them to heat up enough to work the clear coat by hand. You will fill in the scratches temporarily which is why you will stand back and be like "oh it looks much better" but wait a few washes and all the swirls and scratches show up again. They aren't new scratches.

harricanfloyd

Established Member
which pad colors do i need for 105/205? any know the difference between the 10 or so colors

this is the best deal i'v found..
New Porter Cable 7424XP M1 7424XP Polisher Meguiar's Polish Kit | eBay

Please correct me if I am wrong.....I've only used the orange cutting compound pad and the yellow for cleaner wax application....and finally the black pad for polish/sealer. Micro fiber towels are only used to take off the wax applied by the porter cable. I have even been brave enough to wet sand a spot on my front bumper with 800 and 1000 and compound it out to a mirror finish

harricanfloyd

Established Member
I did Meg's Ultimate compound and Ultimate polish by hand on my Cobra. (Similar formula as 105/205) Turned out quite well to be honest. Did it fully remove all the swirls? No, Did it get rid of some of them? Yes. Honestly, It took me two full days to fully get it where I wanted it. Took me about half a day to get the correct learning curve by hand. You have to do it in a VERY small sections at a time. Otherwise its a waste of your time and product. One day I'll pick up a dual action but right now. I'll torture my arm. :bash:

530951_4389215622171_497264577_n.jpg

I love that color. Wait till you hit it with a porter cable. you're gonna go HOLY-SHIATE!! The same spot you hit with your hand, the porter cable hits like 100-200 more times....it just gets deeper into the paint.

Users who are viewing this thread