Meguiar's

dino

Established Member
I only use zaino on all my rides- it is the best
I did my f-350 over a year ago and it still beads rain
great-

DRIVINGLESSON

Established Member
The best wax I have ever used is a 3M product. It is a cleaner wax that is the final step in the perfect-it system. The perfect-it is a professional system you would find your local body shop uses. The wax works great on it's own; much better the anything you can buy from your local parts store. you can find it anywhere that sells 3M products or any store that sells automotive paints. I baught mine at O'Rileys auto parts. It can be used by hand

tech. info: 3M Perfect-it show car liquid wax
part # 051131

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
I just got my Raceglaze today and I will let you guys know how it turns out. I am a detailer so I have a pretty good eye for this type of thing. I use Mother's Reflections Polish when I cant find any Zaino, and Meguiars Gold Class when I cant find any Mother's. I really dont like Meguiars only because it is hard to remove and doesnt last very long. Mother's has a very nice shine and depth, and lasts quite a while. It is also very easy to apply/remove. I cant wait to try Raceglaze because Zaino is so expensive and not readily available. Also very confusing to use IMO.

Last edited:

beabout

Established Member
I use Meguiars products of late. When I (about every three months) fully detail the car I use #2 swirl remover followed by #7 showcar glaze and then #26 hi-tech yellow wax (several coats).
To aid myself in this I use a Porter-Cable #7336 orbital buffer with vecro 6" pad holder. No matter how hard you try to take care of the finish you will to some degree end up with minor scratches.

Oh, almost forgot, use Dawn dishwashing detergent prior to starting the above process to remove any oil and wax from the finish.

I have ordered some products from Griot's Garage to use next time. I will let you know how they do....

Last edited:

broeli

Established Member
Oh, almost forgot, use Dawn dishwashing detergent prior to starting the above process to remove any oil and wax from the finish
I thought dish soap was a mild abrasive that caused unwanted swirls, etc. in the paint. Maybe I'm wrong. :shrug:
I always though it was a bad idea on car paint though.

beabout

Established Member
Broeli:

For everyday washing you should not use dishwashing detergent. Dawn does not have any "abrasive" in it. Dawn does have a strong detergent that will wash off the wax, silicones, and oil that maybe on the finish prior to polishing. Use only a quality car wash detergent for cleaning and use Dawn for pre detail cleaning.... at least that is how I do it....

Last edited:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I've heard quite a bit about what people think is the best wax to use, but what do you view as "quality car wash detergent"?

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Originally posted by broeli
I thought dish soap was a mild abrasive that caused unwanted swirls, etc. in the paint. Maybe I'm wrong. :shrug:
I always though it was a bad idea on car paint though.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you are incorrect. Using dawn will completely strip your car from wax. Which can be helpful if you are rewaxing your car. The citris in the soap is what strips away they wax. that is just my 2 cents.

beabout

Established Member
As to car wash detergent for everyday use. It is clear that most people use far to much detergent when cleaning their car. A few capfull at most. You should actually use two buckets one with the detergent water the other with clear water that you change frequently. The clear water is to rinse off the washing mit or cloth before resoaping for more washing. You should never dip you wash mit in the soap without first rinsing the dirt off of it. Work from the bottom up and do not permit to dry until vehicle has been completely cleaned. This will require frequent section rinse.

Most, if not all, of the scratching of the paint surface occurs while washing.:coolman:

Last edited:

mustang81

Established Member
i guy at work told me his son paints street rods and said he likes 3m perfect it ii liquid wax and hand glaze. i used zanio on my 01 and liked it but wiil try 3m next time.

Users who are viewing this thread