Meguires NXT wax or Turtle Wax Ice.. Opinions?

venams03

Established Member
I've been a long time Meguires user and I've used NXT on my daily drivers with decent results.

I'm not looking for the cheapest wax but the easiest to apply with the best bang for the buck in terms of appearance and durability (wax lasting time).

I've used Zaino and that stuff is great, but my back can't deal with multiple coats of anything!

So I've narrowed it down to the NXT and and I've heard good things about Turtle Wax Ice, namely that it can be applied to the stripes and plastic!

opinions?

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
NXT hands down.

Or, you can go for another one that will last longer than both and is easy to apply:

Blackfire (properautocare.com) which is synthetic. Avoid anything carnuba as that will not last long.

I know you want to avoid multiple coats but to get it to last the longest, a base coat of Klasse All in One will be a great synthetic base that will seal as well. The shine is great especially if you put Blackfire or NXT on top.

So, Klasse All In One followed by NXT/BlackFire and good to go :) Both are very easy to apply and take off especially if you are starting from a good base. They are both liquid and since it sounds like you have a good base already, I can't see Ice being any easier to apply....

Last edited:

venams03

Established Member
Thanks evasive. I was leaning towards the NXT but the Ice being applied to the vinyl tapes was something that was pretty tempting. I don't think you can use NXT and the others on the tape

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
The vinyl, yes, you wax them you just can't wax the hard plastic (front spoiler, side skirts, side mirrors). You can treat the vinyl stripes as you do the paint...I clay bar mine, seal, wax.

Turtle wax is not very good at all....anything quality (which is usually not what you can walk into Target and buy) is easy to take off if you have a good base.

NXT is a decent off the shelf product though.

For the plastic, just order Adam's VRT. It is excellent for the interior and exterior hard plastic and won't wear off after just one wash...plus it has UV protection. http://www.adamspolishes.com/c-10-tires-trim.aspx Easy to apply and will last for months on the interior plus it dries - no greasy feeling, no outgassing onto your glass. Plus, a little goes a long way so a bottle will last a long time. If you get wax on the hard plastic, this takes care of that.

An easy, quick way to keep wax off the hard plastic is to just run a length of blue painters tape on it (open the doors to make it easy). Takes just a minute or two :)

Follow up with Leatherique for the leather and you are good for a long time using high-quality stuff.

Make no mistake though, NXT is not known to last all that long either. More than a carnuba but not as good as a nice synthetic from properautocare, autogeek, etc. BlackFire, Klasse AIO, Menzerna, etc.

Last edited:

fghtrpilot

Established Member
I've used the Ice and thought it was the easiest car wax type product I've ever used. You can use it on the whole car. It may not be as great or long lasting as some other products but it is easy. I only drive mine on the weekends and nice days (no rain) and have only applied it once in the last year and it still looks good.:beer:

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
I've tried NXT and i would suggest that before any Turtle Wax Ice products. Have you consider using sealant? It'll last a long time and it's really easy to apply with hand.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
from your choices, NXT gets my vote

however. Menzerna Acrylic Jacket/Sealant...Will give you a decent amount of protection (4-6 months if outdoors.) Then you could always use Menzerna
High Gloss Acrylic Shield, aka-quick detailer between washes, too give it some gloss and added protection

Synthetic will give you longer protection compared to carnuba

Note: You can always top a synthetic with a carnuba, just not the
other way around unless striping/polishing off and starting over

Users who are viewing this thread