solid motor mounts
Lake wood 90-10's
UPR coil over fronts
6 point cage
Weld 15x10 rears
Weld 15x3.5 fronts
Goodyear D5 28x10x15
MT sportsmans 27" up front

n2o (not installed yet going n/a for a few months)

weight of car with 2 12" subs inclosed (now removed) with driver

3250 lbs

running stock trans stock clutch....

any insight would be welcomed, or idea's of what else I need...

Last edited:

mustang john

Established Member
Get a clutch, with that mod list you evidently plan on launching hard and the stock clutch wont take that kind of abuse long. I run the Ram HD and a steel flywheel, its holds great and we have similar mods except im heavier.

Oh and you should be 10.5s easy more likely 10.4s or faster if you can drive with that mod list and weight reduction. I was just getting to know my combo at the track (2nd trip with the ported blower) when the motor went or im sure i would have seen 10.8s.

Last edited:

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
you should run 10.5s. i agree with the stock clutch not making it long. i bet it slips on the third pass. im running the center force dfx clutch with a fadanza flywheel. if you dont have the upgraded input shaft it will prob break rather quickly as well.

Rice Eatr

Established Member
Awesome! Should put down some great times with that set up and weight. :beer:

Are you running manual brakes and steering as well?

I am still running an OEM clutch. The question is how long will it last...

MVD

Established Member
Looks like a well setup car, should go mid 10's, good luck!

3250# with driver AND a rollbar is very impressive. Do you have an aluminum block?? Sent you a PM.

convert03cobra

Established Member
As everyone else said, get a clutch like NOW. You are going to smoke it first day at the track. I run a spec 3+ and love it. Do the 26 spline upgrade while you are at it too.

03slobra2

POSI "race"port FTW
Established Member
Here is the funny thing about my clutch issue... when I had the first clutch... I ran it on a with a KB set-up 22psi and some gas... same setup w/o antiroll bar and QA1 drag struts up front insstead of lakewoods... and hoosiers 28x10x15 et drags out back set at 11 psi...

It held for a LONG time... the tranny let go before the clutch did...

Speed Demon

Established Member
I can see if it hooks good your gonna run faster than 10.50's with that much weight out of the car and the power your making I wouldn't be surprised to see 10.30's maybe a 20 in good air.

the stock clutch is stronger than alot of people think, as long as its seated in properly. I was hitting low 1.5/ high 1.4 60ft's with the stock clutch for more than 60 passes with no issues. granted I wasn't making as much power as you are, but I was 600lbs heavier. just give it time to cool between passes and you should be ok for a little while. I did put a DFX clutch with spec aluminum flywheel and 26 spline input in the car before it started to give me trouble, cause I knew it was coming.

I also noticed your car is black, you know thats the fastest color right? lol just ask Larry/f8lsnake

Last edited:

03slobra2

POSI "race"port FTW
Established Member
Its sacreligious to get one any other color right???

I think it will hold through the year but when it lets go then I will upgrade to a 26 spline and steal flywheel... I can't wait to get this thing on the track, going to the rollers "fingers crossed" next saturday, as long as all my parts get here by then.

I need to find a good track close to here that has GOOD prep...

Speed Demon

Established Member
Its sacreligious to get one any other color right???

I think it will hold through the year but when it lets go then I will upgrade to a 26 spline and steal flywheel... I can't wait to get this thing on the track, going to the rollers "fingers crossed" next saturday, as long as all my parts get here by then.

I need to find a good track close to here that has GOOD prep...

when you do the clutch get an aluminum flywheel, you can launch it harder because its less rotating mass so it doesnt hit the tires as hard and the engine revs faster

Speed Demon

Established Member
I don't think there is such a thing in Nebraska... humid and just shitty all together... I would love to go down to edengurg TX in early spring to race but meh... thats a LONG drive!!!!

bring it out here to the east coast in the fall,I know its a haul but worth it, not to humid and negative 1000 or better DA's are the norm for fall weather here. I think some of the guys are planning another SVTP day sometime in the fall.

03slobra2

POSI "race"port FTW
Established Member
bring it out here to the east coast in the fall,I know its a haul but worth it, not to humid and negative 1000 or better DA's are the norm for fall weather here. I think some of the guys are planning another SVTP day sometime in the fall.

I don't know about hauling this thing that far out there... that's a bit of a hike!!! I don't think I can afford that much time off of work.

I am hoping to go to a FFW or a cobra event close this year

mustang john

Established Member
Since i hurt my motor i have done alot of the same upgrades as you have (bar, weight reduction, Dragon TB, FL headers). I didnt go quite as crazy on the weigh reduction as you i expect to be around 3300-3400 with driver and i am looking to be in the 10.5 range. I would have had it up and running by now but just having twin girls kinda puts a hold on a great many things lol! I look foward to seeing your dyno #s and especially your track numbers as it will give me a idea where i should be.

Users who are viewing this thread