Meh... 10.50's maybe... watcha think

mustang john

Established Member
Its been down for over a year, but its close to done just need that all important time to work on it that seems impossible to come by. How soon will you see the track?

Having kids is great, possibly the most fun ive ever had and all the sacrifice is well worth it.

Last edited:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Does the car have a SRA?

EDIT: Nevermind I just saw it does.

Last edited:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Awesome mod list and yes you should be able to run 10.50's for sure. With good DA and good driving on a hooking track 10.20's or 10.teens would be possible at that weight, maybe even quicker. You have more mods than mine had with an even lighter weight and I've gone 10.34@132 with a crappy for my car 1.49 60'. With a normal 60', 1.43 it would have been in the 20's. Can't wait to see what you get out of it. If you can, you should really plan to make it to the east coast for the cobra shootout. It'll be worth it. The guys in that area are real good about taking care of folks with a long drive and will even give you a place to stay if you need it. You won't regret it.

03slobra2

POSI "race"port FTW
Established Member
Its been down for over a year, but its close to done just need that all important time to work on it that seems impossible to come by. How soon will you see the track?

Having kids is great, possibly the most fun ive ever had and all the sacrifice is well worth it.

Kids are great til they ride there bike/bigwheel/scooter and slam into your car
then your mad for a good minute, but then they smile and you melt and you realize that your going to be broke til they leave your house... :lol1:

Just curious but what altitude are you at in Nebraska? Down here we are only 800' but the humidity sucks.

Ball-park 1200' we have shitty humidity all the damn time 80% or higher... usually around 90% most of the late spring and summer. :cryying:

Awesome mod list and yes you should be able to run 10.50's for sure. With good DA and good driving on a hooking track 10.20's or 10.teens would be possible at that weight, maybe even quicker. You have more mods than mine had with an even lighter weight and I've gone 10.34@132 with a crappy for my car 1.49 60'. With a normal 60', 1.43 it would have been in the 20's. Can't wait to see what you get out of it. If you can, you should really plan to make it to the east coast for the cobra shootout. It'll be worth it. The guys in that area are real good about taking care of folks with a long drive and will even give you a place to stay if you need it. You won't regret it.

I have looked into the traveling thing that far... I wanna see how it runs first and we'll go from there. I would hate to put it together get there and run a 11.00 or something retarded... worst would be run a low 6.xx in the 1/8 at like 105+ and then break and never get a full pass in!!! :nonono:

Also getting it there would be a pain in the ass... I don't have a truck to pull it so I would have to drive and well, that would suck like finding out your mom was the headliner at the next donkey show in boystown mexico...:xpl:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Kids are great til they ride there bike/bigwheel/scooter and slam into your car
then your mad for a good minute, but then they smile and you melt and you realize that your going to be broke til they leave your house... :lol1:

Ball-park 1200' we have shitty humidity all the damn time 80% or higher... usually around 90% most of the late spring and summer. :cryying:

I have looked into the traveling thing that far... I wanna see how it runs first and we'll go from there. I would hate to put it together get there and run a 11.00 or something retarded... worst would be run a low 6.xx in the 1/8 at like 105+ and then break and never get a full pass in!!! :nonono:

Also getting it there would be a pain in the ass... I don't have a truck to pull it so I would have to drive and well, that would suck like finding out your mom was the headliner at the next donkey show in boystown mexico...:xpl:
Lol! Sounds like you got a cool mom. J/K.

I understand about the traveling. We had a 12hr drive to Maryland last year ourselves. Lucky for me I had 2 good fiends of mine loan me a truck an trailer. I have a truck, but it was much nicer to tow with a f250 instead of a 1500 chevy. If you can make it, it will be a fun trip for sure. I don't even know if I'll make it this year, but I will sure try.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
BTW, the WFO racing is a trip. We've been calling ourselves that too. Been thinking of changing it to WDFO racing though. Wide Da F*#% Open.

03slobra2

POSI "race"port FTW
Established Member
WFO has been around in texas for 20 years or so... that where I was asked to join. Great group of guys that will take the shirt off there back to help out a fellow member no matter what. The other thing is were over 4 states now and looking to branch out further, but anyone of us can travel and be welcomed with open arms...

Some of us are better known then others but its all the same.

We have our own site as well if you wanna take a look...

tell them I sent ya!!!

wforacingteam.org I will check to see if you browsed for a min...

Last edited:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
WFO has been around in texas for 20 years or so... that where I was asked to join. Great group of guys that will take the shirt off there back to help out a fellow member no matter what. The other thing is were over 4 states now and looking to branch out further, but anyone one of use can travel and be welcomed with open arms...

Some of us are better known then others but its all the same.

We have our own site as well if you wanna take a look...

tell them I sent ya!!!

wforacingteam.org I will check to see if you browsed for a min...
Looks like a pretty cool site with a bunch of pretty good guys on there. Had no idea there was actually a club called that, were doing it joking around when we were at NMRA in Fla. Let me know if y'all ever start a GA chapter.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Alright.....I'll be the jerk. VERY impressive sounding setup and that race weight is one of the top 3 lightest that I know of, but only 5 fellas have hit 10.50's with a ported Eaton and no nitrous, and they ALL had to work pretty darn long and hard to get it, and usually had the benefit of good DA and good air.

F8LSNAKE..................10.34 @ 132.00 w/ 1.49 (6spd/SRA)
CobraStruck...............10.48 @ 132.93 w/ 1.58 (6spd/IRS)
BADASS03SVT............10.52 @ 130.39 w/ 1.47 (Auto/SRA)
sonic03snake..............10.55 @ 130.35 w/ 1.44 (6spd/SRA)
Rice Eatr....................10.59 @ 126.74 w/ 1.53 (6spd/SRA)

Can you do it??? Absolutely! But may take some runs to get the setup down, and good weather and altitude are probably necessary.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Alright.....I'll be the jerk. VERY impressive sounding setup and that race weight is one of the top 3 lightest that I know of, but only 5 fellas have hit 10.50's with a ported Eaton and no nitrous, and they ALL had to work pretty darn long and hard to get it, and usually had the benefit of good DA and good air.

F8LSNAKE..................10.34 @ 132.00 w/ 1.49 (6spd/SRA)
CobraStruck...............10.48 @ 132.93 w/ 1.58 (6spd/IRS)
BADASS03SVT............10.52 @ 130.39 w/ 1.47 (Auto/SRA)
sonic03snake..............10.55 @ 130.35 w/ 1.44 (6spd/SRA)
Rice Eatr....................10.59 @ 126.74 w/ 1.53 (6spd/SRA)

Can you do it??? Absolutely! But may take some runs to get the setup down, and good weather and altitude are probably necessary.
LOL! Dwight being a jerk. You've never been a jerk Dwight. I for one think he'll do it. His major handicap is location imo.

03slobra2

POSI "race"port FTW
Established Member
This car is set up to the T... only thing I am doing as of now is the power plant.

Kevin Slabby of baselinesuspensions.com set up the entire suspension with 4 corner scales. I think if he can get a DR car to cut 1.4 60's then I should be able to do the same. I have all the parts that I need to make it happen and they have been on the car for about 4 years.(except anti-roll bar... been on for 2 years)

The question is more if the car will hold it, and not give me fits... I am sure I will be able to get the car down the track, but can it be done on a regular basis.

This car has been tinkered and tweaked with since I bought it in 2002... It ran REALLY hard on the KB 2.2 with n2o... I think it will do it with the eaton. (with the help of POSI PERFORMANCE)

Last edited:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
This car is set up to the T... only thing I am doing as of now is the power plant.

Kevin Slabby of baselinesuspensions.com set up the entire suspension with 4 corner scales. I think if he can get a DR car to cut 1.4 60's then I should be able to do the same. I have all the parts that I need to make it happen and they have been on the car for about 4 years.(except anti-roll bar... been on for 2 years)

The question is more if the car will hold it, and not give me fits... I am sure I will be able to get the car down the track, but can it be done on a regular basis.

This car has been tinkered and tweaked with since I bought it in 2002... It ran REALLY hard on the KB 2.2 with n2o... I think it will do it with the eaton. (with the help of POSI PERFORMANCE)
Can't wait to see it run some numbers. Keep us posted.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
mods list...

LOTS OF WEIGHT REDUCTION

3.5" straight pipes to 1 chamber flows and dumps

QA1 rear shocks coiled over
baseline uppers

3250 lbs

have you actually weighed the car as it sits now? I know everyones scales are "correct" just the only car I know of that has ever been that light had no cage and an aluminum block and driver is 240#. where is the rest of the list?!?!?

why a 3.5" exhaust?? I know everyone screams 2.5" till about 600rwhp and then a 3" is good. seems overkill??

qa1 coil overs and baseline uppers....I hope you have better luck than I did....chased that suspension for 4-5 months trying to make it right according to Kevin. best 60 was a 1.50 w/ avaerage of 1.51-1.54. swapped back to regular gt springs end of the season and first pass car went 1.48 w/ a best of 1.47.

will still be fun to watch!!

Last edited:

03slobra2

POSI "race"port FTW
Established Member
The weight was from when the car was sitting on 4 corner scales...

The exhaust was supposed to be temporary... but it sounds really mean and had a very low tone... almost 351ci ish

as for the weight reduction... everything that was on the car was removed if I or the car didn't need it to go down the track...

air bags stereo power window motors wiper/ motor/ seats/ sound deadner/ all interior panels/ center consul/ carpet/ fender well plastic/ bumpers/ sway bars/ seat belts n brakets/ speakers/ speaker wire/ basically everything!!!

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member

The exhaust was supposed to be temporary... but it sounds really mean and had a very low tone... almost 351ci ish

as for the weight reduction... everything that was on the car was removed if I or the car didn't need it to go down the track...

air bags stereo power window motors wiper/ motor/ seats/ sound deadner/ all interior panels/ center consul/ carpet/ fender well plastic/ bumpers/ sway bars/ seat belts n brakets/ speakers/ speaker wire/ basically everything!!!

ohh...you went race car crazy.....gotcha...makes sense now.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.

You gotta a great shot at a 10.50 or LOWER.......Really looking forwad to you running it! :beer:

boostedoval

Established Member
I am shooting for mid tens with just an upper pulley and ported blower. When my car had a stage IV and 2.65 upper only I was able to do 11.3 with a 1.80 60ft. The only weight reduction was the stock 8.8. Since then my teksid block is being assembled and my stock k-member was pulled out for a UPR. The only other weight reduction is the front seats replaced for corbeaus.

I think this time around I am going to try out the ported/welded dragon combo instead of my accufab, and either a posi port or another stage IV. Oh yea the car will be on e85 running crazy timimg :)

Users who are viewing this thread