MercuryMarauder.net under new management

SergntMac

Established Member
Originally Posted by SergntMac
Thanks DJ, but Logan founded the MM.net in March of 2002, and he announced his intent to sell in April of 2006, a little over 4 years. The offer laid aroud for a while, langushed until Logan set a firm deadline with no doubt of its certainty, somewhere mid Sept. of 2006.

Orginally Posted by STLR FN
So I was off a couple of years but when did he announce it? Publicly or was it privately, which I wouldn't call it an announcement. I sure as in the hell didn't see it on MM.net. You failed to mention there were other offers on the table. That has been posted on MM.net unless it got deleted.

Posted by SergntMac.
Yes, your timeline was off but that wasn't really important. Hard to imagine anyone creating a website for an automobile two years before it's production. Nonetheless, I saw it a misunderstanding to begin with, and used it to begin adding other 411. Then, I clearly stated the sale was announced in April of 2006, didn't you read that? I didn't think it was important to note that the announcement was made to site Administrators via a private medium. I presumed this wan't important, but it now seems to be excatly that, so, all in Logan's confidential circle were informed of the offer for sale together. Dave has since posted confirmation of this, thank you Dave. I was not a party to this 411 until a later time, and it was then that I learned that MM.Net was for sale, and with a deadline for bids. I also became aware that other offers had been made, but not accepted, and from whom those offers came or what was offered, was none of my business. I figured if Logan was still seeking bids, all previous bids did not met his approval. All in all, I was just passing along this 411 here. Why it upsets you, I haven't a clue. Neither do I care.

Moving on to general comments posted here...Nine dedicated MM.Net members came together to continue the history and document the legacy of one great modern performance automobile.

Posted by STLR FN
I'm sure there are more than nine dedicated MM.net members

Posted by SergntMac
Yes, I agree, there are more than nine dedicated MM.Net members, but only nine bought the MM.Net, so, instead of one owner, Logan, there are now nine. That math was easy, eh?

Originally Posted by SergntMac.
But, maybe some of y'all should ask folks around you? Friends, relatives, your spouse, whom ever you can tap for cash. Ask them "hey, give me XXXX bucks, I've got a great idea..." and see how many cough up cash?

Posted by STLR FN
Others did

Posted by SergntMac.
Don't know much more about that, please see Dave's informative post ^ there? Whether it was selling price, financing, or forces outside the customary real estate transaction, I don't know, you will have to conclude that for yourself. All I am saying is that myself and seven other "dedicated MM.Net members" were approached and offered an opportunity to buy a "dot com" and we did. It's not much different from buying a house. We got our deposit together in a very short time, arranged financing with the seller, and closed the deal just before the deadline expired. I have no more 411 on it all to offer you. Again, thank you, Dave, for adding some background color, things I didn't know. I feel that between the two perspectives, one from the buyer's and one from folks interested in the property, we collectively know what took place and the reasonable questions are answered. Seems to me, that Logan took the deal he felt was the best for him. If he had other goals satisfied in that choice, this isn't my business, or, concern, and I should not have an answer on it.

Originally posted by SergntMac
A minor number is less than 10, what's your minor number?

Posted by STLR FN
Mines 69.

Posted by SergntMac
Good for you dude, it's a favorite number for many, and I suggest rarely thought of as minor, unless it with a...Nevermind. Technically, it's a major number.

Originally posted by SergntMac
Will this here site get busy with gossip?

Posted by STLR FN
Larry,Sid et al. keep a good reign on things over here. Larry wields a pretty big ban stick if ya get outta line.

Posted by SergntMac
Likewise good advice for y'all...

Let's try and burn this mother down, and out once and for all...Who's got the gas?

Posted by STLR FN
WTF are you talking about????

Posted by SergntMac
You need to balance your drama with some humor, my friend. If you didn't get it, I can't explain it.

Last edited:

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
This site has a nice following too. I like it here. The Marauder forum is my favorite, but there are some really decent members here outside this one room.

:idea: Come to think of it, MM.Net could use a Donut Shop!

Back on the topic;

Of all the people to round out the nine, you guys chose someone who has the most questionable reputation, and is a vendor. Many people feel for those reasons he should not be on board. Fact is, it really is nothing personal against Dennis. Like it or not, he has a place in the Marauder world. He helped define the Marauder as we know it today. Some of his contributions are on my car right now.

My point is (was on the other long winded blah blah blah threads), does he really need ot be an owner of the site. You all had to know many people would have a problem with this. Yet the choice was made anyway.

Here is a new bottom line.. I'll bet there are 20 well known and trusted members out there who have the money and would have been the ninth owner.

The offer was never made public. Shit, you do not have to make it public - phone, email or PMs work fine.

I am starting to think this may have be a sick joke to stirr up the group and try to get rid of a few "trouble makers". I think it's working.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
I still can't figure out why it took nine people to come up with the purchase price. I also inquired about the sale of the site and the price. Logan told me the price, but did not mention a "deadline" for sale.

I personally thought the sale price was chump change.

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
tallboy said:

Really?

Interesting....

Here is an idea; If it is chump change, then I wonder if Dennis would be willing to sell his spot. All this drama would fall to the side and things could return to normal. Though it would be a little less dramatic.

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
The Motor City thing isnt just a discussion forum, like MM.net or MM.us. There is the Motor City Marauder Website AND Motor City Marauder Forums. Mercury Marauder.net is the oldest and largest of the forum sites. There are a few scattered Mercury Marauder sites that are primarily dedicated to the classic Marauders of the 60's that have added a forum for the newer Marauders, but remain mostly for the older cars. The sunshine state crew had a website, but i cant find it, so I am not sure it is still up and running. The MM.us was an invitation only site started with only a few members of MM.net that wanted exclusive membership, definitely not free and open discussion forums like MCM.com. Of the sites I am aware of, we have the largest Marauder web site and discussion forum, even MM.net doesnt have a web site to promote activities and events.

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Thanks Charlie... looking forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks. It's going to be fun...did Lisa find you a hotel?

SergntMac

Established Member
DEFYANT said:
Of all the people to round out the nine, you guys chose someone who has the most questionable reputation, and is a vendor. Many people feel for those reasons he should not be on board. Fact is, it really is nothing personal against Dennis. Like it or not, he has a place in the Marauder world. He helped define the Marauder as we know it today. Some of his contributions are on my car right now.
Now that I am quoting you, Charlie, you may think I want to single you out. I do not.

But, I do find it necessary to reply to your points 'cause others will be inspired by your suggestions. Please forgive me, it looks like I am picking on you, and your words alone. It's not that way, my friend. But, you brought a good topic to this table too. That said, here's what I gleaned from your post...

REASONS TO NOT ASK ONE INDIVIDUAL TO BECOME AN OWNER;
1)Already an Authorized Vendor.
2)Most questionable reputation as a vendor.
3)Draws anger of members at the mention of his name.

REASONABLE ANSWERS;
1)Well...We do have another "vendor" present on the Board of Directors at MM.Net (i.e. the new owners) that you do not mention. He's been selling Marauder accessories among us for some time now, and he has a proven track record that say that his products a)work as promised, and b)are worth the money asked.

Albeit, his products have been questioned from time to time, but some folks know what to ask, while others ask silly questions. Comes with the territory, yes?

Honestly, he does okay, within the "money paid vs. time I have to wait for my stuff" thing, and many members have paid his asking price as well, and without debate. Some customers for over two years now.

2)No one seems to like him much, especially nobody here at SVT. I've seen him called "stupid", a "drunk", a "queer", a "liar", and a "thief", here, and just recently at MM.Net, "disrespectful", and "scary".

But still, I've never seen any proof of any of this. No supporting evidence, no documets, no e-mails, no PMs, no "I was there when they..." eyewitness testimony, and surely no "first-hand" accounts from meets, or, reports of any of these accusations founded in "face 2 face" contacts.

Folks have said (posted) things on the Internet yes. But, no one person has come forward with any proof of any of that, ever. So much for "reputation" of this vendor.

3)Yeah, this guy is a vendor, and an owner, at MM.Net too, go figure. WTF were they (we) thinking, eh?

I'd say his participation is an equal (if not greater) threat to us all, than just Reinhart being on-board over there.
DEFYANT said:
I'll bet there are 20 well known and trusted members out there who have the money and would have been the ninth owner.
Lot's of candidates around today, yes. And some still trying to claim some ground on old news. But, when it came down to the photo finish, nothing showed in the film but nine.
DEFYANT said:
The offer was never made public. Shit, you do not have to make it public - phone, email or PMs work fine.

I am starting to think this may have be a sick joke to stir up the group and try to get rid of a few "trouble makers". I think it's working.
You may be right, Charlie, but right about what, and who.

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
TAF said:
Thanks Charlie... looking forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks. It's going to be fun...did Lisa find you a hotel?

Same here.

I got a room at the host hotel. Now I have to get the Marauder fixed up.

bigdogjim

Simlply Complicated
Established Member
Ok?

MI2QWK4U said:
Of the sites I am aware of, we have the largest Marauder web site and discussion forum, even MM.net doesnt have a web site to promote activities and events.

Now Dave how did your MCM crew pull off MV-III if not for .Net? Not a site to promote activies and events? How many regional forums are on .Net?

What about MV-I, MV-II & MV-IV?

Sorry folks misunderstood the post by Dave.

Last edited:

SergntMac

Established Member
tallboy said:
I still can't figure out why it took nine people to come up with the purchase price. I also inquired about the sale of the site and the price. Logan told me the price, but did not mention a "deadline" for sale.

Care to post what you know?

Jim Jones

Victm of 1k sprchrgr wars
You know If I didn't like what people were saying about me buying a site and dividing it amongst my budides, I'd just shut the hell up.

Yeah, thats what a smart man would do.

Users who are viewing this thread