Merry Christmas to the Whippled Termi!

Jkimbell1212

Established Member
Hey Guys!

I am some what new to posting to SVTP but have followed in the shadows for years! i first want to thank everyone who posts on this forum especially the how-to guys! I feel pretty mechanically inclined but a playbook has helped so much with the project lists!

Like most everyone here, there always seems to be something else you want to mod on these cars. My 03 has sat in the garage and was only driven probably 3-4 times this entire last year. I used Christmas this year as a jump start to my new years resolution....DRIVE THIS THING!!!!

Changes I made over the holidays were as followed
1. Full polished Borla ATAK catback(used the how to polish technique from 04sleeper) Love this exhaust, it's dang loud but for a once a monther car it's perfect to me!
2. Eibach pro kit coils- alot of debate and almost went H&R race but happy with the decision. No iso's
3. MM 4 bolt Caster Camber Plates. Again, recommended from his site and they worked out perfectly!
4. 18x9 and 18x10 Saleen reps in Charcoal. Toyo Proxes T1 sport 265-35 up front and Toyo Proxes R888 305/35 rears. I have always had Nitto's on my car and after a few spins with these R888's i am in love. The best tire i have ever had hands down!
5. Lo pro rear IRS bolts and 9/16 front IRS bolts. Again, careful reading on the forum fixed the demon that had been haunting me with the IRS. After a full IRS bushing install, dif cover brace, full length weld-in in subframe connectors i still had some slop somewhere. Replaced that first bolt and BAM...its a whole new car now!

I hope to become much more of an active and contributing member on this site this year! Here are a few updated pics from this weeks work on my baby!
2003 cobra by jkimbell1212

Jkimbell1212

Established Member
Looks great! Where did you get your wheel/tire combo from?

Thank you!

I actually bought the wheels and tires separate. I got the wheels off American Muscle when they ran a stupid cheap deal. I think they were 60-70 bucks for the rears so i had to buy them. A have a buddy who owns a tire shop in town and he said he would match the lowest price i found on the net and mount them up for that price. The center caps are those brushed blanks that AM sells, i had another buddy make a high def vinyl logo for them.
Pieced it all together bascially

mike99

Established Member
Wheels look great! My story is the same as yours. Planning on mods for 2006. Have a "virgin" cobra that I'm getting around to after doing a few other projects...

ctgreddy

Established Member
Nice man. Those saleens look really good, a lot better than I thought they'd look when I red what finish they were. I think the sinister look is nearly complete! Plus with borla atak's I bet it also sounds sinister.

04forcefed

1 of 281
Established Member
Gorgeous car man. Im really digging the knuckles it gives a whole different feel to the car.

Users who are viewing this thread