Methanol and KB's/Whipples?

Bullseye96

underestimated SVT
Established Member
doesn't it corrode your cylinders? bottom line your still putting water inside your engine right?

and the twin screws inside our superchargers, i have a question. somone once told me the "screws" are so close you couldn't put a blade of grass between them. if this is true how do you compress a liquid between these screws?

and p.s. if this is a stupid question i am sorry

We all have questions and thankfully forums like this can give us answers. :thumbsup: It's only sprayed when necessary so if you let your car idle for even a few seconds after the meth actuates then the gasoline and oil will have already re-lubed the engine. With the kit you get an indicator light that tells you when your meth is active so guessing when you're spraying is not an issue. KB has said themselves in the KB Tech section that W/M is ok for their blowers. No worries :coolman:

2Marauders

FordNut was already taken
Established Member
doesn't it corrode your cylinders? bottom line your still putting water inside your engine right?

and the twin screws inside our superchargers, i have a question. somone once told me the "screws" are so close you couldn't put a blade of grass between them. if this is true how do you compress a liquid between these screws?

Actually if you pull apart a water/meth injected engine it's usually cleaner than a standard engine because the carbon deposits in the combustion chamber are not there.

The mist is so fine, you're not really trying to compress a liquid it's more like compressing humid air.

The cooling effect actually occurs due to the evaporation of the liquid, whether it is in hot air or on hot rotors.

Both KB and Whipple have said it's ok for their blowers.

Last edited:

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
^^^^ nice thanks

i use torco race fuel, mach 1 accelarator. one quart for every ten gallons, it gets expensive. thinking of using snow performance to get that octane up so i dont have to use race gas or an addative.

Bullseye96

underestimated SVT
Established Member
^^^^ nice thanks

i use torco race fuel, mach 1 accelarator. one quart for every ten gallons, it gets expensive. thinking of using snow performance to get that octane up so i dont have to use race gas or an addative.

That my friend, is EXACTLY why I went meth. Mach Accelerator. I was buying it by the case from RWTD.

232_turbo

Established Member
what about adding W/M to say a turbo setup?. Sure there is a intercooler for cooling, but would it run even cooler with it?. Also i didn't knw W/M kept the engine cleaner:shrug:, and higher octane is always bonus.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member

Not a stupid question at all. in fact you're kind of right. it's the heads that will have the corrosion problems- eventually.
And as far as the teflon issue- many people don't know that only Whipple uses teflon coated rotors. Kenne Bell does not.

Last edited:

PSE SVT

Established Member
Any one run meth and screw style blowers?

I'm thinking the rotors are covered in a teflon like coating (i think), wouldn't the meth eat away at that?

Any thought?

On most all of the twin screws I have remanufactured, only 2 were damaged because of too much water / meth at one time. Your good. Find a system that increases flow with engine speed.

etony89

Established Member
there would be no puddling unless you were to have the controller set to start spraying at 0 psi. it shouldn't really be set lower than 5 psi, and with a kb or whipple it wouldn't matter too much cause it hits boost right away. but just make sure that it is not set to start at 0 psi. my buddy's shop does alot with water meth and are certified dealers for cooling mist, they do it on imports with turbos but still know about putting it on cars with blowers. i got a kit for my cobra but i ended up having to sell it before i could get it put on. but it went to my buddy so if i wanted to i could buy it back. also the only reason that it would really corrode anything is if it was to not get burnt and the car sat for a few. if anyone wants to know more about it or had specific questions let me know and i will get the answer.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I've seen W/M work well only about 10-20% of the time, the others times I had to stuff a bunch of timing into the car to get power back up, too much timing to be safe. I think it works best in non-intercooled applications. You really need to dial it in on a dyno so you can measure power output and adjust the amount properly, too much and you'll loose power.

dragonlightning

Established Member
I've seen W/M work well only about 10-20% of the time, the others times I had to stuff a bunch of timing into the car to get power back up, too much timing to be safe. I think it works best in non-intercooled applications. You really need to dial it in on a dyno so you can measure power output and adjust the amount properly, too much and you'll loose power.

I don't know about that..But I do know specifically on a turbo setup Pure methanol is insane...We only got 40more hp going from 93 octane and pure methanol to C16 at 29psi.

Yes you do have add tons of timing, which is why you really need to rig a failsafe to trip your computer incase of the meth not spraying.

But check in over at the evolutionm.net forums, those guys eat and drink that stuff...

Users who are viewing this thread