Methanol Injection

siksvt33

Established Member
What up fellas!

I have a high compression DMP stroker and I'm considering installing a Snow Performance kit. Currently, I'm filling up with 100 octane fuel at $8/gallon in order to keep things safe whenever I want to take the L out for a few burnouts around town. I'm leaning towards methanol injection to help save some cash.

Anyone have a reason why I shouldn't go this route?

Also, any big power guys running this kit?

Thanks

EnglishAdam

Established Member
No but I am a small power guy running it :pepper:

Works well and worth 0.2 in the quarter for me at the track :rockon:

Shadow J

Established Member
I'm also interesed in it... where does the nozzel go? after the intercooler? (BTW I'm new to SC's and the "L" world coming from a 315whp 20vT VW)

Jay

EnglishAdam

Established Member
The nozzle goes in the air intake tube before the TB.
You can put the nozzle behind the TB but you need an extra solenoid to stop the engine from sucking the Meth through under vacuum.
Some people say it should be injected after the blower for maximum gains but that would be a total pain.
I run a different tune for the meth at the track. The timing is increased and the a/f has been leaned out.

See pic. The nozzle is in the air intake tube on the left with the red line going to it.

Picture080-1.jpg

S P E E D

Established Member
The nozzle goes in the air intake tube before the TB.
You can put the nozzle behind the TB but you need an extra solenoid to stop the engine from sucking the Meth through under vacuum.
Some people say it should be injected after the blower for maximum gains but that would be a total pain.
I run a different tune for the meth at the track. The timing is increased and the a/f has been leaned out.

See pic. The nozzle is in the air intake tube on the left with the red line going to it.

Picture080-1.jpg

I'm not trying to bash your setup man, but alot of guys on the GTP board had alot of issues with injecting before the blower screws. The methanol over time was stripping the Teflon coating off the Blower Screws. Guys started to inject after the blower in the lower intake manifold plate instead.

Would hate to see it happen to your blower. I'm gonna try and find some pics of it on the GTP board.

skipthedrummer

Established Member
I'm not trying to bash your setup man, but alot of guys on the GTP board had alot of issues with injecting before the blower screws. The methanol over time was stripping the Teflon coating off the Blower Screws. Guys started to inject after the blower in the lower intake manifold plate instead.

Would hate to see it happen to your blower. I'm gonna try and find some pics of it on the GTP board.

I've heard both sides of this argument. Some people say that they've sprayed meth through there blowers for a while with no damage upon inspection, others say they ruined motors by chips going into the intake.

S P E E D

Established Member
This is off the Grand Prix site of a member who sprayed before the screws. He had the kit on for a year.

4002400085_large.jpg

I'm not saying don't use it...but I would maybe think twice about nozzle placement that's all.

Last edited:

S P E E D

Established Member
Sorry I keep calling it a Teflon Coating but it's not Teflon...Eaton calls it an "Abradable Epoxy Coating" lol

EnglishAdam

Established Member
SPEED

Thanks for the info but I have stripped rotors anyway. I fitted the Meth kit after I ported the blower and gave it some well needed R&R.
I've had zero issues with the Snow kit and found it a worthwhile addition to my set up as it helped me to just sneak into the 12's which, IMO, is not bad going for a heavyweight HD truck with basic bolt ons.

scorcher2005

USMC
Established Member
Meth is awesome. It pretty much turns pump gas into race gas but only when you need it. I.E. you can run more boost and timing. I cant speak for the eaton rotors though, i run a turbo and make 755whp. I bought the truck like this so i dont know any non meth numbers, but i will be getting it retuned in Jan or Feb when i come back from NV followed by leave. Ill let you know then the power difference. BTW, its a snow performance kit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread