MGM shifter question

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
id say its pretty close, my steeda tri ax drove me nuts it was so loud, the mgw I dont really hear anything anymore but its been awhile since ive heard a stocker.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The transmission noise varies from car to car. Mine was extremely loud even with the stock shifter. But I think that on the average the MGW should be close to the stock shifter.

PLATIADO

Established Member
I don't know, I installed mine 2 weeks ago with Bob's gasket and let me tell that i hear no noise what so ever i love. By the way Bob your gaskets rock!

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
I don't know but I have one waiting to be install and will place areview after it I always like to inform everyone on the good the bad and the ugly
Heard nothing but great things about it not 1 unhappy camper that I know so far !!

whtsnake03

Established Member
I didn't notice any difference. But then again I'm partially deaf in my right ear so I wouldn't notice anything anyway. My wife and son haven't noticed anything. I would say it's close.

Kafn8td

Viperia Aspis
Established Member
I have Bob's gasket and 1,2,4 and 6 are as quiet as stock. I can hear some whine in 3rd and a little more in 5th.

soonerjoe

Established Member
It is NOT as quiet as stock. In 5th and 6th I hear quite a bit of noise. I am wondering if there is a way to quiet it down some. I have bobs gasket btw.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
PLATIADO said:
I don't know, I installed mine 2 weeks ago with Bob's gasket and let me tell that i hear no noise what so ever i love. By the way Bob your gaskets rock!
Thanks! ;-)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
NHRACobra said:
So, the answer is NO!? :uh oh:
Let's put it this way. It will be the quietest aftermarket shifter you can install. If you're overall pleased with the stock shifter save some money and keep using it. If you want to make a change, go with the MGW. JMO.

P.S. - If you want to quiet down your stock shifter get a set of my shifter gaskets. You won't be disappointed.

Hye

Established Member
NHRACobra said:
Is the MGM shifter AS quiet as the stock shifter? :shrug:

every car is a little different, some will be louder than others. With the red handle, my shifter has quieted down significantly. Iam also using gm synchromesh fluid in the tranny, which has given me smoother shifts with the shifter.

look passed the extra tiny bit of added noise and get this shifter.

Kafn8td

Viperia Aspis
Established Member
Get the MGW and Bob's gasket. If it has a little whine open up the exhaust, then you won't notice it!

Tills

Established Member
My First Post here was going to be close to this question. I just installed the shifter 2 days ago, here are my observations.

It is a little louder overall (no big deal) but the 5th and 6th gears make a noise I have not heard before. I have recorded it but have not played it back yet to see if it is good quality or not. Sounds like a harmonic noise as if I had straight cut gears...just not as loud.

Users who are viewing this thread