MGW Shifter

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
I final had time to put the shifter in today my brother usually does it for me but he was out of town for the week and I couldn't wait that long. I am not good at doing stuff on the car at all so I thought I was going to have a really hard time but I didn't. There were two time were I had a question and I called MGW and talked to George and he walked me through it step by step both times I couldn't believe it. It was great Costumer service, the best I have ever had. I had the Tri-Ax on before and changed to the MGW. I couldn't stand the Tri-Ax I would miss 2 and 3 all the time and I couldn't stand the noise it put off either. Now when driving the MGW it is very quite you can't hear it at all. The shift from 2nt to 3rd is outstanding very smooth I think I would have to try to miss it. I really didn't want to make the switch because of money and all but after words I am really happy that I did. Thank you very much George and MGW for all your great help.

SICKBOY

Established Member
I Installed mine last Night...the fit and finish was superior to other shifters i have had in different cars....Instructions were way more than I expected...very detailed with pictures to boot...I cannot say enough good things about this shifter...it is wonderfull...shift are clean, and precise...I'm a happy mofo...and as luck would have it...i came home from the office today to find another box from MGW with shift knob, ac controls and door locks....QUALITY...do not look any further for a shifter and interior/exterior pieces....TOP notch to say the least

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
you have to buy the second one its 30 dollars extra. I didn't get it i only got the short blue one and i am happy with it. I didn't see myself changing it that much so i didn't get the long red one.

Pred_mech

Established Member
Yeah I got the adjustable handle yesterday, I put it on my hurst and all I can say is that so far that was my best mod! the shifter always felt far away, and now I can rest my elbow on the arm rest and reach the shifter.

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
03sonicsvt said:
Yeah I got the adjustable handle yesterday, I put it on my hurst and all I can say is that so far that was my best mod! the shifter always felt far away, and now I can rest my elbow on the arm rest and reach the shifter.

just wondering what color handle you got the short blue or long red

SICKBOY

Established Member
Order up the red bro...it is super comfortable..and you can stil get thru the gears in a hurry with minimum effort

JerseySVT

Established Member
I ordered mine last Friday. I'm expecting it to arrive in a couple days. Got the red handle.

RossSVT

Established Member
Had mine on for about 1000 miles and love it more every day. George makes nothing but the highest quality products. :banana: :-D

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
I ordered mine last week...the lady said it should ship out this friday, so hopefully it'll be here before X-mas...I also got the red handle. It's nice to hear such good reviews b/c I too would like to be able to make that 2-3 shift with little effort...should go good with my new MRT shift knob :pepper:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
04cobratorchred said:
i am wondering now for a everyday driver if i should have gone with the long red handle
I talked to George about that last month. Most would prefer the red handle for day to day driving. The shorter handle works best at the track. I say "track" because no one would ever race on the street. LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread