MGW Shifter?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
right on gramps

Look, this isn't smackdown. I didn't insult you, I simply asked a question. If using the search feature is beyond your talents I am sorry. but this has been asked and answered at least a dozen times in the last few months.

if you want to be childish take it to smackdown and I will give you an honest answer to your question.

TRBO VNM

can you still use the stock shift handle on the mgw?

no.

and the person that called mgw and asked about removing bolts, did you specify the shifter stops or just asked about removing bolts?

also, they may have stopped sending the shifter with the stops for the t56, but I don't know since I am still using the same one I got when they first came out. the shifter stops are 2 bolts on the front and rear of the housing with jam nuts. they were sending them installed so no damage occurred during shipping and the instructions clearly stated to remove them during installation. and for some reason, people still ask the question if when it is explained in the instructions.

cobramike2003

Established Member
Look, this isn't smackdown. I didn't insult you, I simply asked a question. If using the search feature is beyond your talents I am sorry. but this has been asked and answered at least a dozen times in the last few months.

if you want to be childish take it to smackdown and I will give you an honest answer to your question.
Ok Gramps,:rockon: got it

cobramike2003

Established Member
no.

and the person that called mgw and asked about removing bolts, did you specify the shifter stops or just asked about removing bolts?

also, they may have stopped sending the shifter with the stops for the t56, but I don't know since I am still using the same one I got when they first came out. the shifter stops are 2 bolts on the front and rear of the housing with jam nuts. they were sending them installed so no damage occurred during shipping and the instructions clearly stated to remove them during installation. and for some reason, people still ask the question if when it is explained in the instructions.

I just asked about removing any bolts before install. The woman said no, and that it should bolt right up.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I just asked about removing any bolts before install. The woman said no, and that it should bolt right up.

She probably didn't understand what you were talking about. Bolts are bolts. She may not have thought "stops" when you said bolts. Trust me on this. Remove the stops. This has been beat to death. I have it from George himself, the main dude at MGW. "Yes, remove the stops".

-Jeff

cobramike2003

Established Member
She probably didn't understand what you were talking about. Bolts are bolts. She may not have thought "stops" when you said bolts. Trust me on this. Remove the stops. This has been beat to death. I have it from George himself, the main dude at MGW. "Yes, remove the stops".

-Jeff

I havent ordered the shifter yet. But I will be looking for them bolts when I get it. Thanks for the info.:beer:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I havent ordered the shifter yet. But I will be looking for them bolts when I get it. Thanks for the info.:beer:

suggest you find someone to install it for you. twits that don't know how to use the search feature and who call people they don't know "gramps" usually have difficulty, even with pictures.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Alright you jugheads. Any more name calling and I am going to hand you funny guys an infraction. Now knock it of you goofy bastards. :banana:

-Jeff

Duran

Matador
Established Member
MGW here also. Happy with the orange handle. I had the blue with my last Cobra and can say the Orange is less "notchy".

M

cobramike2003

Established Member
suggest you find someone to install it for you. twits that don't know how to use the search feature and who call people they don't know "gramps" usually have difficulty, even with pictures.

By looking at your picture of you in your profile eating pie. you might want to get someone to install yours to:-D

Last edited:

Saleen281sc

I've got a Cobra,too
Established Member
no.

They told me at MGW my factory shift knob would work? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread