MGW Shifter?

cobramike2003

Established Member
Is the MGW shifter one of the best shifters for the 03 cobra? And where is the best place to buy one ?

JymBart

Established Member
Get it, you'll love it. Great quality, great company, and certainly one of the best ones out there. Don't forget Cobra Bob's gasket set to keep things nice and quiet.

JymBart

cobramike2003

Established Member
Looks like a unanimous decision for MGW shifter. I was going to go with the Steeda shifter. Looks like im going with MGW shifter now.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Make sure you remove the stop screws before installation. There has been a rash of problems lately with shifter stops being left in the housing.

slammedstang

Established Member
i have had steeda, didnt like it at all, i had pro 5.0 wihich i liked alot, then the mgw which is just hands down the most awsome shifter i have ever owned...

cobramike2003

Established Member
Bolts

Yep take them completely out of the shifter housing. The T56 has internal stop's, no need for the ones in the shifter housing.

What bolts are these guys talking about? I called MGW and they said leave all bolts in.There should be no problems at all

SlowSVT

Established Member
I'm still on the stock shifter =P

Actually the stock shiter design is not bad. The only thing an aftermarket shifter will do is shorten the throw. It will not improve the shifter action one bit. Persoanlly I still think the MGW is a worthwhile mod.

SlowSVT

Established Member
What bolts are these guys talking about? I called MGW and they said leave all bolts in.There should be no problems at all

Really. They told you that!

MGW T-56 intallation instructions I have state:

"most modern transmission made by Tremic have internal stops (most notably the T-56 and 3650) and thus it is not advised to use shifter stops with these transmissions"

MGW instructions devotes a whole page to the dangers of shifter stops. Perhaps my transmission has changed since then :shrug:

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
I have the Tri Ax and will still even tell you that MGW is the best out there.

I will be swapping mine out after I do my TS swap.

Users who are viewing this thread