MGW vs Barton shifters

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
FRPP will cover their components, but that's it. They won't cover the tranny.

Again I'm not saying you're wrong, but by there own wording it appears to me as if they would be responsible. They specifically list shifters as part of the components covered by this language, along with power packs, handling packs, and exhaust.

This Limited Warranty replaces the existing manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty for
engine, driveline and suspension parts when a concern is triggered by a warranted Ford Racing part. This
Limited Warranty replaces the existing manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty for engine, driveline and
suspension parts, when the warranted Ford Racing Part is identified as the causal part of a warrantable concern.
Installation of these select Ford Racing parts by an authorized dealer does not nullify the New Vehicle
Limited Warranty. All engine, driveline and suspension warranty issues not related to installation of Ford Racing
parts remain subject to existing manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Again I'm not saying you're wrong, but by there own wording it appears to me as if they would be responsible. They specifically list shifters as part of the components covered by this language, along with power packs, handling packs, and exhaust.

Looks like you're correct. I didn't know that they had that guarantee on those parts. Still, I don't see it being and issue with shifter out there, except the Hurst. Good to know that they back their parts though.

kingnut

Established Member

Good info.

IGO 202

Established Member
I was hoping to get by with only the Barton 2-pc bracket & stock shifter but still couldn't make the 1-2 shift at 7,000+rpm.

Just installed the Barton shifter today and was worried that it might shift too stiff for the wifey since it's her DD but she said it's fine.

I made 4 back to back first thru fourth passes with no missed shifts so we're both happy.

It's a little noisy when grabbing the knob to shift but it's tolerable.

Never had a MGW so I can't compare.

Dan

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
dude above was about the only person i have heard that hated the barton. i have heard alot of guys say they didnt like the MGW.

I DISLIKED the Barton compared to my MGW! nothing the Barton did was better at all!

Barton/FRPP = 6/10
MGW = 10/10

qcksnake

Established Member
I'll vote Mgw. I ran stock shifter to 10.30s and didnt have any major complaints with it. I bought mgw used. Im usually pretty consistent with shifting, occasionally the car leaves a bit harder than expected and I have to shift my body around so it gets me out of grove,but according to my tuner my shifts are seamless on datalogs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsO3PkDQtws&feature=youtube_gdata_player

kingnut

Established Member
I DISLIKED the Barton compared to my MGW! nothing the Barton did was better at all!

Barton/FRPP = 6/10
MGW = 10/10

I have never driven a 5.0 with an MGW. But I would like to try it out. I do like my barton though. What is the biggest difference from the two shifters that you liked better?

rath

Established Member
I really enjoy my MGW. It has a very positive feel and is a huge upgrade from stock. I can't speak for anything Barton as I've never owned one, but you can't go wrong with MGW.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
I've had both. They both work fine. The Barton was a bit more notchy, but the throw was also shorter. The MGW seems to have a slight bit of play in it compared to the barton, but it's much smoother.

Users who are viewing this thread