Miami Beach Shooting

rubicon04

SVT Poster
Established Member
Story is still unfolding but from what ive read so far on a few sites this seems pretty messed up. CNN also fails touch on the fact that the excessive police gunfire seems to have struck some innocent bystanders

Police deny damaging cell phone of witness to Florida shooting - CNN.com

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2011/06/new_video_of_raymond_herrise_s.php

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2011/06/raymond_herisse_had_a_gun_in_h.php

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2011/06/raymond_herisse_ided_as_man_sh.php

Discuss...

Last edited:

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Here we go again. This time it's another police execution, a witness threatened at gunpoint and attempted destruction of evidence. Like I said before, we're seeing at least one new incident like this every week.

What the hell is going on?

Last edited:

rubicon04

SVT Poster
Established Member
^^ Exactly, alot of these overzealous officers are in for an abrupt awakening with all the technology floating around these days. I think we as the public also need to start holding alot of the superiors more accountable as they have been covering up wrongdoing for fellow officers far to long.

oldmodman

Established Member
Police are certainly aware that just about every person now has a cell phone capable of recording video and audio. And since they not only want to control the crime scene, they also desire to control the way any news is disseminated. It just makes sense to them to seize and destroy any video.
Any agency wants to be seen in a good light. And it's pretty hard to do when video of many, many officers firing into a stopped car is posted up on the net.

And I have always wondered why officers stand directly in front of a suspects vehicle. Seems like they would be safer standing alongside it. But then they can't say it was being used as weapon if it starts to creep forward. And if it's being used as a weapon then they have every right to fire. But if they were not standing in it's path, then the suspect would just be trying to run.
It's just always seemed like standing in front of a running vehicle with a scared, nervous person inside isn't very smart.

crew_dawg16

Established Member
None of those articles mention what it was that prompted over 100 rounds to be discharged at that moment. We cannot see inside the vehicle from the video provided, but you think the PD would release a statement justifying the shooting.

rubicon04

SVT Poster
Established Member
None of those articles mention what it was that prompted over 100 rounds to be discharged at that moment. We cannot see inside the vehicle from the video provided, but you think the PD would release a statement justifying the shooting.

IMO i think it was most likely a scared/jumpy officer, one fires and automatically the rest join in on the fun

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
Wayyy too many people in south beach on Memorial weekend.

That officer was really pissed that the dude was recording. Why?

I love how he put the memory card in his mouth lol.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
IMO i think it was most likely a scared/jumpy officer, one fires and automatically the rest join in on the fun

What is that conclusion based on? You consider that fun, or do you just think it was fun for the officers involved?

Users who are viewing this thread