Michelin Pilot Super Sports. DO IT

ReapeR948

FOXDIE
Established Member
michelin_zpsca61b010.jpgmichelin2_zps28283ab3.jpg
Went with the 275/295 Combo, got a GREAT deal...and only had to wait 2 days.

DONT THINK, JUST GET THEM. I withstood those dumb stock GY's for 11K mi and good riddance. I drive the car hard, whenever, this tire has a much better limit for abuse. Even in 40-50 degree temps these were proving to be a far better choice than the GY. Drove it in 30 degree weather last night and the car was still hooking better than the Stockers in 50 deg weather, lol.

This mod should be your first! :pepper::banana:

Kel

Established Member
Where did you get them from? Discount Tire hasn't had them in stock in forever (they'll get one or the other, but never both)...I've been waiting since summer - guess I'll look again in the spring.

ThomasL

Established Member
I have em. Great DD tire but they stink if i lay into it. Just like the Goodyears. Could be all the powah! If i had to do it over again, first thing i'd get is R888 or NT05r for the rears. Then again i'm in FLA so cold not an issue.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
I have em. Great DD tire but they stink if i lay into it. Just like the Goodyears. Could be all the powah! If i had to do it over again, first thing i'd get is R888 or NT05r for the rears. Then again i'm in FLA so cold not an issue.

1+++

SteveWK

Established Member

What size R88s do you recommend. From what i see on their website nothing really works with the stock rims? I have MPSS 275/295s and they work ok, much better than the GYs.

ThomasL

Established Member
What size R88s do you recommend. From what i see on their website nothing really works with the stock rims? I have MPSS 275/295s and they work ok, much better than the GYs.

I think they make em in the stock 285/35/20 size.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member

Yeah with the mods you and Manuel have, even the MPSS will be like ice skates.

MPSS are great and fine with stock power I'd guess, but mods demand a DR, all I run.
-J

Sparko

Established Member
I did the exact set up....what a difference ! I actually drove my car yesterday in 38 degree temps...something no one in their right minds would do with the GY tires.

ThomasL

Established Member
Thomas,

These size that you are talking about is 315 35 R20 on the R's correct?

Yup. Last i checked it wasn't available anywhere. Might have luck with other sizes though. Not sure what other sizes they make to fit the stock wheels.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
The 555Rs will actually fit the stock wheel much better and be better in the rain. Plus still more sticky than the MPSS for you guys.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
At least I just did a test trip of 500 miles on the nto5 with 250 of those all in the rain. It was all good with no issues running 65 to 75 when the roads weren't puddled up. I'm ready for Ocala.
NT05 or NT05R?
Some guy here still made a 10 sec. pass with the regular NT05, so they have to be pretty sticky too.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread