Michelin PS4 FYI

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
RE71R is a jesus tire as far as getting to temp and having retarded grip. It's the tire to run for autox.

On track with heavy cars they tend to get too hot and start to get greasy.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
They spin in 1st but hook in 2nd on launches. A 35mph punch will spin just a bit and then hook. The Pirellis spun at 50mph. Im very happy with them. They were incredible at the track, the hotter they got the better they performed: https://www.svtperformance.com/foru...inghikinghelicoptering.1136447/#post-15565420

I was running a fairly quick lap time and the tires barely made any noise. I boiled the power steering fluid every session too. Next track day Ill push them even harder

Thanks, exactly the info I was looking for. Interested in a tire that would hold 2nd gear hits on the streets in a 600-650 rwhp.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Short of high rpm drops, it doesn't. Plenty of CAM and Optima cars use them and RivalS with no issues either. Rivals don't get bigger than 18s so RE71s it is. The next step from here is Hoosiers.

Not sure what else you want. Short of a warm slick or DR nothing is going to grip better. They also will drive through rain, and have more lateral grip than anything for the street and again they will do this cold.

With 20s If you care about longevity get the MPS4. If you want the best grip possible you buy the RE71. There is really nothing else to discuss.

Have had experience with drag radials, MPSSs, R888s.

Have not had experience with MPS4s.

Was looking to get a review on how they perform out on the street for higher HP cars.

Have not heard much about the RE71s. How do you compare them to R888s?

openaccount

Established Member
Have had experience with drag radials, MPSSs, R888s.

Have not had experience with MPS4s.

Was looking to get a review on how they perform out on the street for higher HP cars.

Have not heard much about the RE71s. How do you compare them to R888s?

The RE71/Rival S are faster/grippier than R888, NT01, MPSC, etc...

Towards the end of long sessions the tires don't nessesarily lose pace but they become vauge. That's where NT01 or the new R888r are competitive vs them. But the NT R888s etc... Need heat to work and have shit tread design for hydroplane resistance.

You haven't heard much because the tires are new vs the dinosaur that R888s are and people are retarded and keep buying NT05 and other shit tires just because the look "cool".

Again, in a 20" tire, you will not find better grip on the street than an RE71.

fmylife

Established Member
What is your rwhp level and what kind of traction are you getting?
530whp w/3.55s. Will spin easily in first if pushed just right but sticks really well going into 2nd.

I originally had 285-30-20 Conti ExtremeContact DWS that hooked ok but no where near as good. Switched to MT Street Comps 305-35-20 and they SUCKED horribly. Blew my mind how shitty those tires were. Zero traction in 1st-3rd. The RE71R let me open it up a lot more now without worrying about traction.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
530whp w/3.55s. Will spin easily in first if pushed just right but sticks really well going into 2nd.

I originally had 285-30-20 Conti ExtremeContact DWS that hooked ok but no where near as good. Switched to MT Street Comps 305-35-20 and they SUCKED horribly. Blew my mind how shitty those tires were. Zero traction in 1st-3rd. The RE71R let me open it up a lot more now without worrying about traction.

Thanks for the info!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
The RE71/Rival S are faster/grippier than R888, NT01, MPSC, etc...

Towards the end of long sessions the tires don't nessesarily lose pace but they become vauge. That's where NT01 or the new R888r are competitive vs them. But the NT R888s etc... Need heat to work and have shit tread design for hydroplane resistance.

You haven't heard much because the tires are new vs the dinosaur that R888s are and people are retarded and keep buying NT05 and other shit tires just because the look "cool".

Again, in a 20" tire, you will not find better grip on the street than an RE71.

Ill do a little more research on the REs.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread