Mickey Thompson ET Street

Cobra Dude

Established Member
Hi Guys,
I just got my new 17" MT Streets. I had just put my Nitto 315's on and I did not get a chance to test them when Larry Hodges of MT called to say I will be one of the first in the U.S. to receive a set. The next set of MT's goes to someone in California and Australia will have the rest of the first issue of MT's 17". These MT's look good and feel good. I will test them Sunday on the track. I will be selling my Nitto's 315's for $325 (no runs on this tires, on car for 3 days) plus shipping, and my Nitto's 275's (I made 9 runs on this tires) for $275 plus shipping.

Cobra Dude

Established Member
I ran the Mickey Thompson 17" ET Streets at the track Sunday. They are the best so far. No wheel hop and they kept getting better after each run. Larry Hodges of MT called Monday to see how they handled because I was the first in the US to run these tires. I give him the good news and now I will get the other set because he did not hear from the guy in California. He also suggested I run them at 14 - 15 lbs of air pressure.

rod

Established Member
greetings all
Cobra Dude................ can you let me know who they were sent to in Australia as i have been chasing these tyres for the last week & are unable to find anybody that has them here in Australia

regards
rod

Cobra Dude

Established Member
Sorry Rod I can not help you. Larry Hodges told me he could not get anymore because the rest (he was told) were being shipped to Australia.

rod

Established Member
Cobra Dude
thats what i want to know

"who are they being shipped to in Australia"

as that is were i am

regards
rod

SNKBITE

Established Member
Are you talking about E/T Streets, or the new Radial that is to compete against the Nittos?
Because if you are talking about the new 17 X 26 x 11.50 E/T Street, I have had a set on my car for the past 3 weeks. I bought them at Summit racing. I have not had them to the track as the tracks here will not open until March 20.
Don't know the guy you mentioned in your post, but it sounds like he is blowing hot air your way.

Last edited:

akaeric

Established Member
Did you have to grind or replace hte rear bolts to keep them from rubbing

Cobra Dude

Established Member
These are radials (no tubes) and they do not rub. I did not have to grind or replace the rear bolts. Larry Hodge is the Distributor for Mickey Thompson Tires. You can contact Larry Hodge at www.larryhodge.com or call him at 217-677-2358.

Users who are viewing this thread