Mid America at Hallett

kevin

dean - self improvement is a good thing. i was refering more to the idea of "don't get passed" syndrome. i've been at open track events were passing in the corners and brake zones is ok. and some attitudes don't want to get passed and i've been dangerously cutoff. just this year i was on the inside of one of these individuals in a braking zone, litterally my front wheel even with his back wheel, and he veered left into me. fortunatly, by experience, you're always watching the guy and i have very strong brakes (as do we all in the 00r). after the run was over, i went to the guy and asked him if he realized what he had done, he said he never saw me behind him. bs, he knew i was there and for three laps continued to intentionally block me. in a race you expect this and do it yourself (safely) to your own advantage. this was not a race.

there are a lot of things going on at speed, and checking your 6 is one that should be done often as safely possible. this is just good sa (situational awarness). i tend to run in the faster and (hopefully) more experienced groups. this usually reduces the risk for me.

i'm truely looking forward to seeing everyone drive on the track. and again, rides are available and i will follow folks (at their request) to tell 'em what i see from a different perspective (i even learn from this process).

your squirrly attitude (car position that is) may be from downshifting while the engine revs are still to high. this causes a tremendous unbalane to the front and unweights the back. when that happens your rear will dance on ya. one thing i find usefull is to brake hard and then downshift and then back on the brake or throttle as required. being smoothe is a big key. hope this helps.

kevin.#22,#41,#80

Cobra-R

Established Member
All I can say is, I want to be next in line behind your wife and Dean for a ride. :) I would also like to ride with Joe.

I am really alot more excited to go to the track with experienced people that can and are willing to teach us "know nothings". RA in April was my first time at or on any kind of road course. I am as green as it gets, but with your help maybe that will start to change. :)

Thanks Brian

kevin

ya know what i might suggest: (my wife usually gives up the seat if anyone shows interest) dean and you go out on my first two runs. then as i learn the track more (and the car don't break), ya go out again later (maybe sunday) and see what changes take place. ya realize if ya take a ride and the group your in versus mine, might cost ya some track time inyour own car.
but then maybe i would go with you guys too.

kevin.#22,#41,#80

scjmach1

Established Member
Kevin
There is a way to adjust your throttle peddle height. There is a Mustangworld.com site that has the mod. The link is www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/99pedals.htm and you can also access it from their main page.
It is a very simple mod. They attach a small nylon spacer held in place by two small hose clamps to the end of the throttle linkage at the top of the pedal assembly. This raises the pedal depending on the length of the spacer.
Another change is to use tne Bullitt pedals. The gas pedal is thicker on the Bullitt and it raises it to about the same height as the brake pedal.

kevin

is the bulitt pedal itself thicker or the pad. if it's a pad then that would certainly be eaiser. i'll also look into the other. and welcome to the site.

kevin.#22,#41,#80

kevin

just printed out the mustangworld link you gave.

i suggest all you guys take a peak. not just for a possible heal/toe fix, but if it's true about the pedal location - maybe we arn't getting full throttle. i'll check it out later this week when i get my car back (yup it's back in the shop)

thanks for the link

kevin.#22,#41,#80

scjmach1

Established Member
Thanks for the welcome. I am new to this board.
The Bullitt pedal is 1/4" to 1/2" thicker. I know of several people that replaced the entire pedal assembly. That might be easier than replacing the pedal on the arm. I am not sure how it attaches to the arm.

Users who are viewing this thread