Mid-America Meet at Hallet Last W-E

95R#177

Established Member
I had a great time! I got to meet Tom Shepard, his dad, and Dell Hughes for the first time. I also saw Jim Steelman, Joe Johnson and Jeff again. We got 3 track days in, but a few sessions were lost on rain. I also met a Cajun named John from LA with a 95R. The guy that owns Late Model Restoration Supply was there with the 00R and 95Rs he purchased recently. He actually ran the 00R in the late model race--but DNF because he broke the tranny. Yes, he broke a T56!

Anyway, my car ran fine, and I got some more good track experiences. We ran Hallet both ways. I liked it best clockwise. I was fortunate to run in the fast group all 3 days--all those guys are better drivers than me, so it was easy for me to improve. I received some great tips from Tom, Dell and Jim running behind them. Those guys all run very smooth. I ran 2 off once the first day, and 4 off once the second day. Luckily no damage either time. I really need one of those T2R rear ends, as I was doing too much tire spinning coming out of the tight turns.

I got some good tips on car probelms too. Poor Jim had more than his share. I'll tell you what though, he runs that car fast when it isn't giving him problems!

I know I improved my driving. Being out on track at Hallet behind Tom in the Zippo car for a few laps was a blast!

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Shannon from LRS has owned the '00R for few years and runs it every year at Hallet. As hard as that car is run on the street and track it does not really suprise me about the tranny.

He recently bought the 95R from a friend of mine. This car belonged to Terry Moenich (sp?) from these boards at one time.

Shannon runs his cars hard but I have to give him credit because he uses them for what they were intended to do.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I just got back in from Hallett tonight. It was a blast. I hadn't been to the meet in 4 years. It has grown but the track event was a blast. We got 4 sessions and either 4 or 5 on Friday. Saturday by mid afternoon it was a "green" track and anyone that wanted to run could just pull up. It was a blast running the track clockwise.

I had a great time hanging out with everyone from the board. Shane has a really nice R and will be running right with the rest of us in no time. Steelman had a tough weekend with his IMSA car. He had about 20 minutes of run time after a motor rebuild this spring. First, he fought lifter and rocker noise. That was finally traced down to shims under the rocker arms. That was corrected and then a fuel pump issue arose. That was diagnosed to be an exposed wire above the tank AND a bad pump which was replaced Saturday morning. Then, he smoked the clutch Saturday AM. So, he had a long weekend.

Shannon blew his clutch in the 00R.

The Saturday banquet was good and the Sunday was show was good as well. All in all a great 4 day event.

Tom

95R#177

Established Member
93SVTCobra said:
How about some pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ulike others, including people joing the forum after I did, I am disabled from posting attachments. I do not know why. I've asked a few times before. The answer has always been to host the photos somewhere else, then post a link. I'm not set up to do that.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
95R#177 said:
Ulike others, including people joing the forum after I did, I am disabled from posting attachments. I do not know why. I've asked a few times before. The answer has always been to host the photos somewhere else, then post a link. I'm not set up to do that.

SVTP used to allow us to post pics here. It's no longer possible to do so. :(

Go to a photo hosting site such as www.imageshack.com and upload your photos there. Then link them to this website with the feature.

That's it!

If you want to see how the pics are linked with the IMG feature, look at someone's post using the "quote" feature and you'll see how it's done.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

95R#177

Established Member
full_image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

93SVTCobra

Established Member
click on the little icon at the top that looks like a mountain and put the link you posted above in the pop up box.

JoeJ

Established Member
Following is a few lap times for the various cars.
David Fershtand w/ GT-1 Mustang - 1:20.9
Joe Herrington w/ Winston Bush Car - 1:25.1
Wayne Manor w/World Challenge Mustang - 1-25.9
Shannon Guderian w/2000 SVT Cobra R - 1:28.5
John George w/ Fox Mustang - 1:28.9
Bryan Harrison 1:29.03
Bob Reid - 1:29.1
Joe Johnson w/ Grand AM Cup Car - 1:30.5

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
95R#177 said:
well, that didn't work...

Edit:

I am not sure why those pics will not link. I tried to link them correctly, and it would not work either. I think that Bruce tried as well. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread