Midwest (Iowa/Nebraska) Cruise 2013

Cruise Pll

• Total voters

myblackgt

MPG LOL
Established Member
Sioux City people

Heath and I are leaving Loves down by I-29 at 8:45am to head to Omaha to meet the guys at Praxair. Not sure if anyone else from Sioux City is going but I thought I would let you know.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Just wanted to let everyone know that if they mention they are part of the Mustang cruise to the staff at Quaker Steak and Lube they will receive a free drink token from, what it sounded like from the manager, either an alcoholic or non-alcoholic drink. Be sure to pass this around that way everyone knows.

03snkvert

Established Member
Awesome.....

Landon, are they going to reserve Parking for us like they did last year?

92BlkGT

Established Member
Awesome.....

Corey, is your cell phone number the same from a couple years ago? In case we are running behind I can call you and let you know.

I'm for sure in, I think I'm just going to ride with my dad in his new convertible this year and leave my car at home.

For anyone around the Waterloo/Cedar Falls area that would like to meet somewhere Sunday morning and go to Des Moines together send me a pm and ill give you my number. A couple years ago we left Waterloo around 6:15, we are planning on leaving at that time again. The VGM parking lot right of Hwy 20 exit on Ansborough Ave. is probably an easy place to meet. If I don't hear from anyone then we will assume nobody from the area is going. Lets hope for some good weather!

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Awesome.....

They're supposed to be. That was one of the first things in mentioned to them and they said to just let them know how many spaces we'd need, which I did over the weekend.

03snkvert

Established Member
Ok guys, we are only a few days away from this.

If you are going to be coming from the Des Moines area, please let me know. I want to Leave Jordan Creek mall by 8:45 and don't want to leave if someone is straggling. If there is a group coming, 1 person of the group shoot me a PM and I will give my cell in case you are running a little behind.

Corey

JustaGT5408

Established Member
For those that have gone the past years, are there many E85 stations once we leave from Quaker Steak to go on the cruise?? There are tons of stations on the way down and back from Des Moines and quite a few in Council Bluffs but wasnt sure if I need to bring a few cans with me for the little cruise after lunch...

03snkvert

Established Member
For those that have gone the past years, are there many E85 stations once we leave from Quaker Steak to go on the cruise?? There are tons of stations on the way down and back from Des Moines and quite a few in Council Bluffs but wasnt sure if I need to bring a few cans with me for the little cruise after lunch...

There is a Kum and Go in Neola, that we pass on the way in to Council Bluffs. We can stop there for you to top off on the way in, and on the way out if you need to. We stopped there last year for Kenny (gyl) to fill his car up.

JustaGT5408

Established Member
There is a Kum and Go in Neola, that we pass on the way in to Council Bluffs. We can stop there for you to top off on the way in, and on the way out if you need to. We stopped there last year for Kenny (gyl) to fill his car up.

Sounds good, I just wasnt sure what the plan was to cruise after lunch, If we were going on backroads and stuff away from larger towns or not. I get around 200 miles to the tank if I drive like a normal man, but just wanted to double check with you guys. It looks like there is an E85 station pretty close to Quaker steak also...

03snkvert

Established Member
Weather forecast tomorrow looks a little iffy.

I would like to get everyone opinion about maybe postponing the cruise!

i was thinking like waiting until maybe september or something, when we don't get as much rain or the temps in the 90's.

Would like to here what everyone thinks!

92BlkGT

Established Member
Weather forecast tomorrow looks a little iffy.

I would like to get everyone opinion about maybe postponing the cruise!

i was thinking like waiting until maybe september or something, when we don't get as much rain or the temps in the 90's.

Would like to here what everyone thinks!

I'm fine with whatever you guys decide! If its raining we will not make it tomorrow.

JustaGT5408

Established Member
I'm fine with whatever you guys want to do. I am still good to go if the weather permits tomorrow of course but if its raining I will stay back...

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
It doesn't matter to me either Corey.

But if you guys end up postponing until September, we'll need to let Quaker Steak know to cancel the reservations and stuff. Shouldn't be a big deal, but we probably shouldn't wait until the very last minute to do so. Even if we give them a call in the morning, that should be sufficient.

Last edited:

03snkvert

Established Member
We have made the call to postpone the cruise. We will come up with a new date and let everyone no.

There is a 40% chance of severe weather in council bluffs tomorrow

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
sorry you guys didn't make it, Turn out was around 15 cars. Pretty fun, I left after lunch but the mustangs went for spirited cruise.

Users who are viewing this thread