Midwest (Iowa/Nebraska) Cruise 2013

Cruise Pll

• Total voters

JustaGT5408

Established Member
sorry you guys didn't make it, Turn out was around 15 cars. Pretty fun, I left after lunch but the mustangs went for spirited cruise.

I dont think it was as bad as they talked. We got a pretty good band of storms around 9am that lasted an hour or two but this afternoon was great. Was it decent down there all day?
Looking forward to it coming around though, it's going to be nice to put some more names with faces.

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Yea it was really nice in late morning and afternoon. I think though you guys from Des Moines would have drove an hour or more in rain on way here, but after that would have been good. I think we are shooting for Sept for a big one.

03snkvert

Established Member
When I decided to postpones it, I asked a couple people about just waiting until September and both thought that was a good idea. We also have to give QS&L 2-3 weeks notice.

After postponing it I also received some text etc from 6-7 people that said by waiting they would be able to get their cars out.

I have too much going on in the next couple weeks, but if everyone else wants to do that you guys are more than welcome to do that!

JustaGT5408

Established Member
If people are able to attend within the next few weekend I say definitely go for it, but either way I vote to have a meet later on this year also. You can never have too many get car cruises/togethers :beer:
I'm super busy myself with moving to our new shop and being in Wisconisin over the 4th. If you guys can meet up soon that would be awesome though and at least September is far enough away to justify the people that have to travel a little farther to come down again if it all works out.

03snkvert

Established Member
We Postponed the event. Myself, Paul and another member had a short discussion on waiting until September, and the decision was made. As we postponed a few other members said that would be good because that would allow them to attend.

Talking to QS&L they want 2-3 weeks notice, that pushes it back to July 4th Weekend. I am going to be Busy with the Good-Guys Rod and Custom Nationals, and busy most of July with my daughter.

As I said, If somebody want to start calling around and organize this and try and keep it straight, go for it. I will not be attending until September!

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Yes we agreed that Sept would be better for planning an IA/NE meet. However anytime you want to meet and cruise lets do it. My car should be done this week. So I will be driving it as soon as it is.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
There's a car show in Melbourne at the mouse hole days on on August 3rd. melbourne is near marshalltown..I'll put together something for that day for anyone interested on getting together before September. I know the guy putting the car show on. They're moving it back up town and in front of Clark's bar.

Quaker steak and lube is having some poker runs coming in the next couple weeks for bikes reserving the place.

JustaGT5408

Established Member
There's a car show in Melbourne at the mouse hole days on on August 3rd. melbourne is near marshalltown..I'll put together something for that day for anyone interested on getting together before September. I know the guy putting the car show on. They're moving it back up town and in front of Clark's bar.
That would be pretty sweet! And its only about a half mile away from our new shop :rockon:

If any of you guys are bored July 19/20, Sioux City is having their annual Rock N Rods event. Two days of drag racing and car show in downtown Sioux City.

Rock N Rods - Sioux City Iowa Downtown Partners

[youtube_browser]5_ChNKMQgB0[/youtube_browser]
That looks like a blast!

Last edited:

03snkvert

Established Member
Ok, lets set a new date.

I was thinking maybe Labor Day Weekend, but would like to get everyone opinion!

03snkvert

Established Member
Ok, does nobody want to set a date to make this up?

I am open to opinions, but we need to let QS&L know 3 weeks ahead of time!

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
03snkvert said:
Ok, does nobody want to set a date to make this up?

I am open to opinions, but we need to let QS&L know 3 weeks ahead of time!

At this point, i think labor day weekend sounds good. If we did Sunday, wouldn't have to worry about getting up for work Monday after long drive!

Posted via Topify using Android

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread