Might be buying a 04 mach 1 have questions

southport2014

Established Member
Going to look at a Mach 1 in a few days had around 100k miles . Owner says engine has been rebuild with all forged internals and it’s a stroker 5.1 now . He says it has a custom .024 overbore pistons and compression is 11:1 how can I veryify this ? Is there such thing as a 5.1 stroker? Would I be able to boost the motor later down the road ? And how strong should the motor be if all this is true he says the pistons are je custom pistons Manley rods and scat crank

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Ask for documentation, i.e. receipts.

11:1 sounds more like an n/a build. I wouldn't throw much boost at it unless I was going to feed it e85 or a can of torco with each tank.

Edit- From a quick search it looks like a 5.1 is possible.

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
a motor like that I would wanna know who built it, thats taking it about to the max as far as I know.

As mentioned 11:1 is NA compression unless youre gonna run around on E85 or other race fuel

Nightmare90gt

Established Member
so mine has a 4.75 stroker kit bored 20 over which would make it a 4.77L if it correct. sounds like he went with flat top pistons i wouldn't run more then 8lbs of boost at least thats my plan but i already have most of the fuel supporting mods. sounds like he purchased a 5.0l stroker kit i would ask for receipts if he can't provide any might be able to pull a spark plug and look at the piston top it should have arrows and be shinny depending on the mileage. receipts are the best way to know they purchased the parts.

Users who are viewing this thread