Might be getting another 03 tomorrow...questions!

StoplightWarrior

Established Member
Hi guys,

I sold my 03 cobra in 2005, and am going to see another 03 tomorrow. It has 35k miles and only intake/exhaust. No pulley. My last one had all the bolt ons, headers, and a ported blower and made 501rwhp and ran just fine, but I only owned it for a few months before I moved out of state and had to sell it :( .

My question for this one is just what sort of things I should watch out for when I go to see it. How do I check for the tick, for example? Any other obvious warning signs?

Thanks guys for any advice!! :beer:

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
for what kinda wear?

Check for little black spots all around the white part.. That is a sign of lean conditioning. Also look for any sparkles or flakes.. That is signs of detonation.. The plugs will be a little brown just make sure there aren't a bunch of black dots and sparkles...

To check for head tick simply turn the car on and listen to the engine.. Both above and below.. Listen to it from the sides behind the wheels too.. A slight tick is ok (injectors) but any knocking is bad..

Also check the rear diff for any leaks..

If you are seriously considering a purchase a compression test would be nice too.. Could save you a lot of money and a headache..

Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread