Might Race A lamborghini murcielago...

Klay

Established Member
man u bein serious....I really can't see any stang takin a Lamb....sorry man, can't buy it.

Just depends on what mods it has. It isn't like lambos are unbeatable but I'm sure it takes some decent mods in a cobra to beat the one in question.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
man u bein serious....I really can't see any stang takin a Lamb....sorry man, can't buy it.

serious as a heart attack, he had a vortech gt vert with a built motor and all the bolt ons with heads and cams. Keep in mind that he didnt race the murceialago (sp) he raced a gallardo, but still all in all its a lambo.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
I seriously doubt his R1 would hit a true 186mph and if it did he wouldn't want to be on it. Plus I don't know, every Yamahama that I've run ended up behind me lol

you are kind of clueless about bikes, and the lambo for that matter.. neither of them hit a brick wall at speeds of 100+.. the lambo is good for close to 200mph itself, so if it was hitting a brick wall at 100mph how do you think its going to close in on nearly 200mph?!

as far as bikes go, i dont think the r1 even with pipe, gearing, pc is going to break 200 due to aerodynamics (unless the motor was built putting out enough hp). but im sure it would be able to run in the mid 180's no problem.

and im very qualified, and informed in regards to motorcycle performance since ive been a motorcycle road racer for many years, besides riding them for over 25. ive been to roughly 196 on a 210hp hayabusa but just ran out of road to go any faster. ive also broken 175 time and time again on a calibrated speedometer. ive done it on numerous different bikes including a 750, so its not just liter bikes that can get up and go..

Yorad

Terminator Shopping
Established Member
Good post :rockon: ...but I think most of that is obvious and applies to any vehicle...not just bikes. That's why some people sometimes just don't grasp the fact that the faster you go the harder it is to go any faster in a car/bike/go-cart/whatever it is you are driving.

The HP it takes to go faster once you reach a certain point is crazy comapred what it took to go from a 13 sec. to 12 sec. quarter mile; compared what it takes to go from say an 9 sec. to 8 sec. quarter mile.

Good analogy!:thumbsup:

It applies somewhat more to bikes than cars simply because the acceleration advantage a bike enjoys vs a car at lower speeds is power to weight ratio rather than outright horsepower. At higher speeds, especially 150 plus, overcoming inertia becomes an increasingly smaller proportion of the force you must overcome to go faster due to the the exponential increase in wind resistance. Simultaneously the rate of acceleration is diminishing so the mass of the vehicle becomes less of a factor as well.

You are 100% correct that it applies to all vehicles for sure though, just in varying degrees.

Users who are viewing this thread