MIL eliminators

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
Gents (and ladies),
Probably a stupid question - I did a search and didn't find the answer....

Are all MIL eliminators basically the same? I've found them ranging from $29 to $59.

My Bassani cat'ed x is throwing codes and I'd like to buy a durable set of eliminators.

Thanks in advance!
Pete
:beer:

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
No some require you splice into the stock harness while others don't. You want to get MIL eliminators that look like this.
MIL-lg.jpg

They are normally around $60.00.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
I got some Mil's from Dallas Mustangs.

Only had to cut 1 tab on each Mil to make them plug right in but its no biggy, it works.

Dont have codes coming up but i did once during the rain season :shrug:

Well worth the $$.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
I got some Mil's from Dallas Mustangs.

Only had to cut 1 tab on each Mil to make them plug right in but its no biggy, it works.

Dont have codes coming up but i did once during the rain season :shrug:

Well worth the $$.

I have the same ones. They have been on my car for over 6 months with no problems.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Where can I get some of these MIL (Mother In Law) eliminators? he he he

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
p3pete,
What were the codes it was throwing?
Or why do you think it needs the MIL eliminators?

Dana

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
Dana,
Gotta confess - I don't own a OBDII scanner (though I've ordered the autotap and I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival). First time I got a SES light, I just cleared it by disconnecting the battery. Second time I took it to the local speed shop and he read it for me. Don't remember the code, but the owner cleared it and said if it comes back I'd probably need eliminators due to the higher flow of the Bassani cats versus the stock ones. Well, it came back - I cleared it and I figure its worth the ~60 bucks to keep from having to do it ever other week....

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Had Dallas Mustang MILs on my '01 GT for 2 1/2 years with a Pro-chamber, not one problem. You will need to knock off one tab on whichever one you put on the passenger side, but it's no biggie, takes 2 seconds. I highly recommend Dallas Mustang MILS, but Brothers Performance has them too. Good Luck.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
p3pete.
U can also have some other issues.

Might really want to find out which code ur getting. The front 2 O2 Sensors might be bad & have nothing to do with the rear 02 Sensors.

Think Shadowgray had some faulty ones up front.

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
Poisonous,
Thanks for the suggestion - autotap on its way so I can get to the bottom of this annoyance....
:beer:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
p3pete,
One of the reasons I asked was because I recently (2 weeks ago) installed Bassani headers and the catted x-pipe. I have not had a problem yet, so I was just curious.
You might want to check that they are correctly installed, both the x-pipe and the sensors. Any exhaust leaks can cause a SES light as can improper installation (not tight enough, dirt/contamination of the sensor itself, loose connections, etc) of the sensors.

BtW, the AutoTap is a great tool!

Dana

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by toofast4u
Those have to be spliced into your wiring harnesses. It is not worth it and looking for trouble.

Like Toofast4u said.
Dont go that route.
My past dealer didnt want to run a diagnostics on my 01Cobra since the i spliced the front 02 sensers.
Had the BBK LT & never thought of buying the extenders :bash:

Learn the easy or the Hard way :shrug: Either way u learn :nonono:

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
Dana,
Don't get me wrong... I LOVE the exhaust. It ran for a month and a half before the first code. The headers were done by the local speed shop I took it to and the first thing we looked for was proper connection/exhaust leaks when I took it in the second time the SES light came on. None noted. I'll be checking the upstream O2's when I get the autotap - I'm still going to get the MIL eliminators just to completely rule the downstreams out. Should be an easy fix - I'll post to let you know how it turns out.
Cheers,
Pete

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
p3pete,
Yes, let me know what you find, just in case...
I'm a few weeks behind you in the amount of time in use.

You may want to hold off getting the MIL eliminators until the problem is determined though.

I like mine too and feel they were worth the work with the mods I already have.

Thanks,
Dana

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I am running MIL eliminators with my QMP exhaust and I have cats. I have had the MIL eliminators since the exhaust change with no problems. You can also have the rear sensors shut-off in a chip if you have one.

Users who are viewing this thread