Mileage Milestone

95R#177

Established Member
After last weekend at Hallet, my car now has broken the 5,000 mile mark. I bought it with about 1,633 miles in 2003. Since I've owned it, it has been through 3 sets of front brake rotors, 6 sets of front brake pads, 3 sets of tires, and 10 oil/filter changes. It has seen 9 different road race tracks.

Next year, I hope add 2 different tracks--Summit Point and Barber. :rolling:

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
After last weekend at Hallet, my car now has broken the 5,000 mile mark. I bought it with about 1,633 miles in 2003. Since I've owned it, it has been through 3 sets of front brake rotors, 6 sets of front brake pads, 3 sets of tires, and 10 oil/filter changes. It has seen 9 different road race tracks.

Next year, I hope add 2 different tracks--Summit Point and Barber. :rolling:

Who do you expect to be with(group) at Summit and Barber?

95R#177

Established Member
Who do you expect to be with(group) at Summit and Barber?

Summit is with SVTOA/Track Guys, and Barber will just be the Mustang 45th Anniversary event. I certainly don't expect much in terms of track time at Barber, but I figured to go considering the anniversary and all. And Barber looks like a good opportunity to meet many of the guys here on the forum that I've not yet met.

Summit Point looks like a really fun track, and there is usually good track time with SVTOA/Track Guys.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
I believe I will be at both. I am not sure if I take a car to Summit, but the R and likely my 97 Cobra Bondurant car will be at the 45th

9secondlx

Established Member
TXPD, i see you have one of those Cobra Bondurant cars. i know where these is one for sale. could you provide me with some information on them. i was thinking of buying it but i dont know alot about them.thanks dennis
[email protected]

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Dennis,

Can you tell us about your Cobra R? What number, mileage, condition, how long have you owned it, etc....

9secondlx

Established Member
hi its car #92. i bought it from the original owner about a week ago. the car is in stock original condition. except it has bfgoodrich kdws on it. i have all the original paperwork on it. orgin paperwork, svt letter, window stickers, paperwork he submitted to get the car with his racing licence, hot sheets from roush, loan papework, letters from ford and svt, walk around checklist at pick up, paperwork goes on.

kind of a said story why he was selling. he was injured at a race watching one of his family members race (son or grandson). . the car went over the wall and landed on him he was pronounced dead but later they revived him. unfortunately he cant enjoy the car anymore. he sold it to for a very reasonible price.

i had my dad take the car to a mustang show in CT the day after i bought it. it was dirty and covered with bugs and it took 1st place in my class. it was nice to see that others appreciate these cars as well.

the day before i bought it i was trying to buy an 1997 lt4 firehawk but that did not workout and luckily came across this car.

now i am starting my search for a 2000 R.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
hi its car #92. i bought it from the original owner about a week ago. the car is in stock original condition. except it has bfgoodrich kdws on it. i have all the original paperwork on it. orgin paperwork, svt letter, window stickers, paperwork he submitted to get the car with his racing licence, hot sheets from roush, loan papework, letters from ford and svt, walk around checklist at pick up, paperwork goes on.

kind of a said story why he was selling. he was injured at a race watching one of his family members race (son or grandson). . the car went over the wall and landed on him he was pronounced dead but later they revived him. unfortunately he cant enjoy the car anymore. he sold it to for a very reasonible price.

i had my dad take the car to a mustang show in CT the day after i bought it. it was dirty and covered with bugs and it took 1st place in my class. it was nice to see that others appreciate these cars as well.

the day before i bought it i was trying to buy an 1997 lt4 firehawk but that did not workout and luckily came across this car.

now i am starting my search for a 2000 R.

Cool story for you, sad story for the seller..

How many miles on the car, is it modded ? What state did the car come from?

Sorry I did not get back to your PM. I'm about 40 minutes from you right at the junction of Rt. 2 and I 190... We'll have to meet up at a show or cruise night next summer. :beer:

steve121

Established Member
Cool story for you, sad story for the seller..

How many miles on the car, is it modded ? What state did the car come from?

Sorry I did not get back to your PM. I'm about 40 minutes from you right at the junction of Rt. 2 and I 190... We'll have to meet up at a show or cruise night next summer. :beer:

Next summer??? I say we get out there before the snow flies!!

9secondlx

Established Member
steve121, where in mass are you located? i did not realise there were two 2000 r's in mass. i scene someone driving one around about 2 years ago near edgell rd in framingham. (i was leaving the car car show on saturday at the roast beef place) i was in a black notch we both looked at each other. i just presumed it was DAVESVT2000.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Dennis, there are at least 6 2000 R's in New England, and your 95 R and maybe one more in RI - RossSVT had one for sale earlier this year, not sure if he sold it or not.

I do not know of any 93 R's remaining in New England, there were a few years ago but most have now been sold.

9secondlx

Established Member
i think the 95 in RI sold but i could be wrong. i guess thats cool that i might have the only 95 in the area.

im suprised that their are at least 6 2000's in NE. between me and my dad we go to a lot of shows and we dont seem them. like i said i saw one in framingham and then one on a transporter on the mass pike. maybe a year ago????

93SVTCobra

Established Member
The owners of Walls Lincoln Mercury used to have a 93R but I'm not sure if they sold it or not. There was also one that I saw raced at the COM event up at NHIS a few times.

Dennis - Wasn't that car for sale in PA? The guy was asking $35k for it at the time!

Users who are viewing this thread