miles??

03snk

Established Member
goin with a biggger blower on my terminator question is car has 90k miles would you guys recommend changing the blower or would I encounter problems I heard of many guys that their engine give up and I really don't want that 2happin. or wat causes this 2happin? thinking of doin a 2.2kb or 2.3whipple wit supporting mods

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Its really hard to say what condition your motor is in. I would be more concerned with how the car was treated over 90k miles rather than the actual number of miles. Does the car use any oil, any know problems with the engine? Have a compression test and leak down test performed and that will let you know what condition your motor is currently in . If the results come back fine you can put the bigger blower on and enjoy the car. Take your car to a reputable tuner and you should be fine. Good luck

hotcobra03

Established Member
i have always used 100k as the shot out mark...its used..will it last longer..

mine has seen 3x the miles but i dont go WOT on every turn..

if i was to do it ,,it would last being i wouldnt be abusing it...so what your plans are with car after is the kicker...

after reading many threads a new engine can go just as fast as 1 with 100k

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
Like previously said, it's all in how previous owner(s) took care of car. My car is a 2 female owner car until about the last 2 years and last 16k miles. Squeaky clean carfax. I have EVERY reciept for every oil change and service performed. SO, last 16k it's been pullied and dyno'd a few times, dude who owned it called it his "baby" and did have a loan on it. Car currently has 106k on it. It's been babied, it shows. Paint is 9.5/10, I did put some 19k mile seats in it (interior is about a 9.5/10 too), other then odometer.... Looks, runs, feels, sounds, like a 25k mile car. I WOULD NOT hesitate to upgrade blower, matter of fact, just bought a low mile Steggy off a bud that will be going on soon. Unless I can find a Posi before it goes on. Being a 10 year old car, with over 100k miles .... I wanted a KB, but this is the most cost effective approach. Throw a BAP and a MaFia on it, retune, and call it a day. 500/500 +/- ..... that's plenty to climb a pole, end up behind bars, or 6' under.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread