Military Pics....Let's See Them

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Found some more of my grandpa and great grandpa, or maybe great-great grandpa, I'm not sure on that one.

Screenshot_20230120_003006_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230120_002935_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230120_002858_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230120_002714_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230120_002604_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230120_001930_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230120_003057_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230120_003219_Chrome.jpg

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Your confiscation sounds a little more impactful though as I have a pretty good guess as to what it could be. Speaking of though, I had a few college classes with a guy who was in a team that came across yellow cake in Iraq.

We came across a bunker that we found stuff in and when we realized what it was, we all exited and called it in. We were told to sit tight, monitor the radio for guidance, and refrain from going back in.

After a while we were notified of a direction and description of vehicles coming to relieve us. Nothing showed up on BFTs. They showed up in Expeditions, had plain tan outfits, no name tapes or unit designation. They spoke with our PL, confiscated our media devices, wiped them, and sent us on our way.

We also had a mission where we tracked certain vehicles to and from Syria into this area in the desert west of Balad.

Tun Tavern was America’s first gay bar.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
We came across a bunker that we found stuff in and when we realized what it was, we all exited and called it in. We were told to sit tight, monitor the radio for guidance, and refrain from going back in.

After a while we were notified of a direction and description of vehicles coming to relieve us. Nothing showed up on BFTs. They showed up in Expeditions, had plain tan outfits, no name tapes or unit designation. They spoke with our PL, confiscated our media devices, wiped them, and sent us on our way.

We also had a mission where we tracked certain vehicles to and from Syria into this area in the desert west of Balad.

It sounds almost identical to the stories I was told. All the materials got moved. Makes you wonder why GW and the Republicans never pushed back against the narrative and just let the media roll with that lie that they were never there. How is it even logical that they wouldn't release the info that they absolutely knew they were moved. Unless of course it was our guys that moved them, and then that brings a whole other series of questions.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
It sounds almost identical to the stories I was told. All the materials got moved. Makes you wonder why GW and the Republicans never pushed back against the narrative and just let the media roll with that lie that they were never there. How is it even logical that they wouldn't release the info that they absolutely knew they were moved. Unless of course it was our guys that moved them, and then that brings a whole other series of questions.

The guys that relieved us were Americans.

The guys we were tracking to the Syrian border were not.

There was a handful of articles about some of the chemical weapons used in Syria being from Iraq.

Personally, due to some of the stuff I witnessed, I believe we allowed at least some of the stuff into the hands of terrorists to try and track where they were going.

Some stuff, I believe we have.

The other fun interactions I had, twice due to who the HVIs were, I sat outside during interrogations just in case they went sideways. Normally we had a guy in our battalion that did initial interrogations then we took them to Baghdad. Two guys we were not allowed to do the initial and a guy came in. We had to keep them segregated from the other HVIs we had.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member

I had a run in with the State Deparment once....

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Never noticed it before, but you can see how much my grandpa aged from his boot camp photo to his photos in Burma. He looks 20 years older. I don't know a whole lot about what he saw, but I heard of at least one story where he went through some shit and made it out.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
That’s my old unit you’re flying with VMGR-152. Small world.

That flight was crazy on the way back. We landed in a storm and the first attempt was unsuccessful. All I remember was how how hard we slammed onto the runway on the first attempt and how powerful that plane felt on the takeoff for the next attempt; it literally pulled us backwards from the thrust. I always remember it as a C130 but it isn't. What kind of plane is that?

Never mind: you said VMGR-152 is the plane?

smashedheadcat

Established Member
That flight was crazy on the way back. We landed in a storm and the first attempt was unsuccessful. All I remember was how how hard we slammed onto the runway on the first attempt and how powerful that plane felt on the takeoff for the next attempt; it literally pulled us backwards from the thrust. I always remember it as a C130 but it isn't. What kind of plane is that?

Never mind: you said VMGR-152 is the plane?
That is a KC-130J. It’s loaded up with tech to help the crew land “blind” if it needed to, but not something we have to do “for real” all that often. You can land that plane at a 540 fpm decent rate without issue, but it’s not pleasant for the passengers.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
That is a KC-130J. It’s loaded up with tech to help the crew land “blind” if it needed to, but not something we have to do “for real” all that often. You can land that plane at a 540 fpm decent rate without issue, but it’s not pleasant for the passengers.

I'm dumb. It looked different to me with the longer nose cone so I assumed it was something else. Everything you described sounds like everything we experienced on that flight back lol. You're sitting on the floor so your ass is like 2 ft from the ground you're landing on. There's no windows back there and we slammed into the ground hard on that first attempt so it was a little jarring. The main thing that still astonished me is the thrust though. Never felt anything like it before.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
I'm dumb. It looked different to me with the longer nose cone so I assumed it was something else. Everything you described sounds like everything we experienced on that flight back lol. You're sitting on the floor so your ass is like 2 ft from the ground you're landing on. There's no windows back there and we slammed into the ground hard on that first attempt so it was a little jarring. The main thing that still astonished me is the thrust though. Never felt anything like it before.

It was probably a “Harvest Hawk+” variant. They have a jacked up nose on them, but you can put warheads on foreheads with it.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Also, just saw an article this morning that volcanic eruptions have started to create a new island about 1km from the coast of Iwo Jima. For reference, if Mt Suribachi was facing north then this new island would be to the west of it from what I saw. I assume you have been there before if that was your unit. That island was amazing to visit.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Amazing pictures of some really GREAT Americans! They don't make Americans like that anymore....

All my pictures are hard copies. I'll have to pull out the old photo album and snap some pictures lol.

Happy Veterans Day to all my military brethren!

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Amazing pictures of some really GREAT Americans! They don't make Americans like that anymore....

All my pictures are hard copies. I'll have to pull out the old photo album and snap some pictures lol.

Happy Veterans Day to all my military brethren!

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Start scanning those photos onto a hard drive! That's what my family has been doing with all of the random photos they all have and they they share them so there are multiple copies in case something happens to the originals.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread