Mini-tubs and IRS??

coba94svt

Established Member
is there anyway someone can mini -tub a IRS car??? already in the process of doing the rear hard mount for my IRS, but need alot more room, tried google, but it just brings up cobra's with SRA conversions

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
is there anyway someone can mini -tub a IRS car??? already in the process of doing the rear hard mount for my IRS, but need alot more room, tried google, but it just brings up cobra's with SRA conversions

Here's your chance to be a pioneer!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Teej281

Established Member
I don't see it being possible...but that's just me. Doesn't mini-tubbing move the shock tower? I mean if you did that, you'd have to get a shortened half shaft and some custom made tubular control arms made. Does anyone agree?

Silver03Termi

Established Member
I don't see it being possible...but that's just me. Doesn't mini-tubbing move the shock tower? I mean if you did that, you'd have to get a shortened half shaft and some custom made tubular control arms made. Does anyone agree?

i agree. y tub an IRS car anyways? op, are u building a drag car and going for some sort of IRS record?

Teej281

Established Member
I do wish we had more room for wider meats out back without all te clearance issues. But I doubt a minitub is gonna help out here more so than cause problems.

coba94svt

Established Member
im doubled screwed, i have put a IRS in my notch, no clearance whats so ever on that lol. Im thinking of running a laid over coil over system like what total control makes for the vintage mustangs, since it runs a cradle like a IRS does, or im going to move the coil overs into the trunk area between the wheel tub and run a bell crank setup with heim joints and rods from the stock shock mount on the lower control arm, and angle them inward to gain some clearance, maier racing has a setup like this for vintage cars also,think i can make it work.

coba94svt

Established Member
BTW thanks bruce for all your help on parts... i just wanna build a IRS fox, but have the tire size of a SRA car when tubbed or a 03 04 termi, not much drag racing more street and road course i guess with this car, and just wanna do it because i have never seen it done

FuzzyDiceRule

Established Member
If im reading it right, it sounds like you are modding the IRS to be mounted like they did for their ranger on TRUCKS Tv, in which case, mini tub makes sense. Something i just thought of, which might be an option because it sounds like youre already hacking some stuff up, you could mod the upper control arms and fab up an inboard Coilover setup.. or something of the sort...

coba94svt

Established Member
yeah that sounds about what i would like to do,have no problem hacking anything up, thats what plasma cutters are for lol, been watching TRUCKS alot more lately since they started that rolling thunder

Users who are viewing this thread