Minor stock base radio display problem

BDFabrizio

Registered Abuser
Established Member
Earlier this year my wife told me that the display screen looked like it had shattered internally. (I work overseas, and I'm rarely home) So I told her to take it into the dealership to have it fixed.

Well since we got it back I think there was as issue with the install. Its really minor and it doesn't really bother me, but I'd like it to be working correctly. I'll try to explain what its doing.
2013-07-02131247_zps677848dc.jpg

In this picture, you can see a line next to the temperature. I don't remember there ever being one before. Also, this line is usually blue but it does occasionally turn white.

51f03fa7-ac6f-4df2-a8f0-7572603e6da1_zps034de679.jpg

In this picture you can see that I've got the AC on. Shouldn't there be a fan indicator on the left hand side of the screen? I've noticed that very rarely the fan indicator will pop up on the screen and then disapear.

Does this sound like a bad ground, or possibly a loose connector? I'd rather fix it myself then take it in. I haven't taken it apart yet, but I just wanted to confirm I'm not crazy and a base 13 GT is supposed to have a fan indicator and not have a line/divider on the screen.

--also, everything works properly. I can navigate through the whole range of functions without any problems.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I'd have to go outside and look on my car, but that LCD line should not be there to begin with. Take it to the dealer and get a new display.

01bluesnake

Established Member
Mine already went in for warranty because the display plastic crystallized over winter. Got the new one in and have line on both sides, where i didnt have any lines before. I installed my own part as i did the warranty, and it looked to be a different display box than before. I think the replacement parts are being changed from the factory parts and most likely the reason for this. Also, i don't remember a fan indicator being there, but have to double check as i haven't driven mine for about a month.

Last edited:

BDFabrizio

Registered Abuser
Established Member
This is the fan indicator that I'm talking about. I know this is a shaker radio, but I've seen the left side flash this stuff on the screen for a couple seconds and then its back off.

IMG_0914_zpsbbd8fc7c.jpg

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member
whats with the dual exterior temp display? and the fan display must be specific to 13-14 models Im guessing? I dont have that on my 11

Users who are viewing this thread