MIR Spring Swap Meet Sat 27March

Boobinspector

Established Member
I am pissed off from last weekend and plan on removing the front sway bar. I did it last year and had no more take off issues. Plus I plan on taking the oldest this time. A little weight reduction is in need as well. Its also to much fun.

TRBO VNM

nope, have a couple small jobs to do and relaxing. gonna try and take it easy this weekend. my car will be running again, but no where near track ready. I have rear suspension issues to work out first.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I'm out as well. I'll be framing up a closet, doorway, some stairs, and hopefully putting one last window into my addition. Oh, and there is this whole baby class thing too....6 hours of it on saturday...

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
I will be going. I'm staying Friday evening in Crofton and will be there presumably an hour before opening so the car can cool off.

I'm bringing 2 spare h/s in case anyone pops.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I am pissed off from last weekend and plan on removing the front sway bar. I did it last year and had no more take off issues. Plus I plan on taking the oldest this time. A little weight reduction is in need as well. Its also to much fun.
How about some tires Mark?

SYMach1

IRS FTW!
Established Member
Ill be hitting the track soon in april, Just need to put my IRS brace on and few small things done and ill be ready

SYMach1

IRS FTW!
Established Member
I will soon enough Im still cleaning it, havent had alot of time with work, and im heading to NC for the nhra event at zmax

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I have a pair of m/t drs on separate wheels for racing. They work great but I got lazy this time and did not take the front sway bar off.

Mark, the front sway bar and brackets weighs 12.4 lbs. Can be a benefit to launch dynamics via improved weight transfer. But removing is going to result in a small benefit. Running a decent front skinny setup will save 50 lbs off the front end and is a much more pronounced benefit. Would love to see you launch with some good tires, especially since your DR's are a track setup.

Boobinspector

Established Member
Well since you won't be able to make it this weekend this is the next best thing. I guess. This was last year, actually by best and last pass for the year.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2KdrnCNu00&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Mark at Test and Tune Nov. 29th[/ame]

Boobinspector

Established Member
Looks like the weather forcast for tommorrow is looking really good for our cars. I hope some more MACA guys and gals can make it. Highs in 50s. Nice cool air and hopefully the track is prepped decentlly.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I don't think there is anything special to report. Saw Mark yesterday down at Jason's and he was still mad about his times.

Boobinspector

Established Member
Yeah nothing new besides. Towards the end of the day I had one decent 60ft time. Also found out when I got home I had a coolant leak. A bolt in the fire wall had put a hole in one of my heater hoses. It was a royal pain in the butt for Jason and me. This hose also led Jason to believe one or both of my motor mounts were broken. He slid under and low and behold yes two busted motor mounts. YEAH.

My luck just keeps getting better and better. Now I am thinking of going with the mounts from lethal performance.

I did have a good time all in all though. There were quite a few cobras up there Saturday. And yesterday was cool hanging out with Jason and Dale. Good times.

Venimus03

Established Member
Sorry about that Mark. I would suggest ditching the DR's and changing over to bias ply ET street or slicks. They will make a huge difference and will be a lot easier on the IRS. Funny you say a bolt ripped a hole in the hose, same thing happened to me in my white cobra at the track a couple years back.

Users who are viewing this thread