MIR Spring Swap Meet Sat 27March

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
It wasn't a bad day, temp was excellent and probably only a 5mph headwind. Prep wasn't spectacular, but got better as the day went. Boob were you in the sonic blue? You came about an hour before I was leaving.

Out of 5 runs I only had 2 full pulls, shut down early in the other 3. Car didn't want to seem to go into 3rd, at all, then on the 4th run (which would have been my fastest ever) went into 4th and nothing happened. Finally cut a decent 60 on the mickeys and the car decides not to cooperate. Probably just needs a little clutch adjustment. I'd like to go back for the maca track rental if I'm off.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Well that sucks Mark! Did the car pickup at all from last year(in any area)? What suspension are you running? Is the car wheel hopping at all? What is the race weight? Any video or pictures of the car leaving? What RPM? Slip or Dump?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Yeah, I second Jason's questions..... There's folks in this club that can really help with drag strip advice. They've certainly been a huge help to me, but I still have a long ways to go. But they need some information first.......

Last edited:

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Yeah, I second Jason's questions..... There's folks in this club that can really help with drag strip advice. They've certainly been a huge help to me, but I still have a long ways to go. But they need some information first.......

Yup DG ... because more than likely we have "been there, done that, bought the shirt" and hopefully can shed some light on why to or why not to do certain things.

These are very tricky cars to transfer weight because of the nose weight ... ask me how I know ;-) We worked rather hard on my car just to achieve 59/41 weight bias. And it really should be 55/45 +/- 1 in order to really use the suspension properly.

Good luck!

Boobinspector

Established Member
Well it is there at the top of the track. Besides the motor mounts being bad, I think most of the issues I have are me. I need to keep working at getting the rust off of me and just work at it. If I am here for the shoot out, that will be the next time I run. Right now I have to back off of the racing and spend more time getting the car right.
By the way I did no weight reductions.

In all reality I went to the track to work on my 60fts and it worked. I was able to get atleast one 1.88. If anything having broken motor mounts did not help. If I had known I would not have raced. Its time for some polyurethane mounts.

Alot of the issues also reside in the suspension which is for the most part stock. Minus the steeda springs.

Users who are viewing this thread