Misfire or Tranny problem?

oneSICsvt

Established Member
My 03 was just in the shop for warranty work. I was getting a screeching sound from the clutch area and the dealership I work at replaced a faulty throwout bearing. There was nothing else wrong with the car other than the little sound. But after I got the car back, it felt as if the car was misfiring. There was a huge lack of power, hesitation, and the exhaust "backfires" if you will. All issues are when the car is experiencing a load. When the t.o. bearing was replaced, the bellhousing was not removed and the clutch itself was not tampered with. The technicians at work don't know what it could be. I went to a Ford dealership and took a tech for a test ride and he told me a possible tranny issue. The Ford dealership had also done a compression check, cylinder balance test, and hooked up the scanner and they found nothing..has anybody experienced anything like this??:shrug:

hotcobra03

Established Member
mis

hate when that happens...

my only thought would be o2 sensor...if battery was disconnected the car needs to do a drive cycle ...

it could take awhile of normal driving before engine light comes on if o2s are sensing a problem..

i recall my last o2 problem and once the problem was found car ran fine instantly,,,

Users who are viewing this thread