Misfire? p13ff code

snakebite2003

Established Member
Hey guys, went to go for a ride yesterday and noticed this noise coming from the car. My first thought was exhaust leak, just a slight ticking sound. I let sit at idle for a minute, and it started to seem like it was missing. And the ticking got worse. There is no check engine light on, but my sct is pulling a p13ff code- which from a quick search is a Manufacturer Controlled Ignition System or Misfire. So I am guessing that the code is normal? The car seems fine driving down the road, and doesn't seem to skip or miss at all. I pulled the plugs and they are all fine and gapped properly. I put fresh gas in it also since it has been sitting in the garage for awhile. I'm guessing/hoping that it is a normal controlled misfire that is just very noticeable because of a exhaust leak? Maybe a coil going bad?

Here is a short video of it: hopefully someone will be able to help me with this.

th_cobramisfire.jpg

hotcobra03

Established Member
wow that sounds bad....i would start with a compression test...

p13ff? this is from sct tuner....i have predator and never seen that code before..

is there a conversion to POxxxx

Ukfox89

Established Member
do you have a metallic disc clutch like a spec 3? i have the same issue and when my car has a slight miss it sound slike metal bearing noise. its just the rpm going so low you can hear the clutch chatter. mine doesnt throw a code either, but it is realy rough to come off idle but above 1500 its smooth as silk. i have checked with my tuner and the data log on the car was okay, he recommended MSD coils.

snakebite2003

Established Member
wow that sounds bad....i would start with a compression test...

p13ff? this is from sct tuner....i have predator and never seen that code before..

is there a conversion to POxxxx

Ill do a compression check to be safe, however I'm sure the motor is not hurt. I dont believe there is a conversion code. I've read of a few other people having this code on their sct tuner and not be able to clear it off and the car still runs fine.

do you have a metallic disc clutch like a spec 3? i have the same issue and when my car has a slight miss it sound slike metal bearing noise. its just the rpm going so low you can hear the clutch chatter. mine doesnt throw a code either, but it is realy rough to come off idle but above 1500 its smooth as silk. i have checked with my tuner and the data log on the car was okay, he recommended MSD coils.

I am running a spec 2 clutch. My rpm's are not droping real low at idle, it seems to be idling smoothly with the exception of the noise sounding like it is misfiring. I guess ill look in to some msd coils....

Users who are viewing this thread