Mixing Amsoil 5w-50 with Amsoil 10w-40?

fearthesnake

Established Member
Just my opinion I wouldn't. Not sure how if any that would impact lubricating tight spots or not. Doesn't the 50W stay on the Crank longer?

railroad

Established Member
I would not have a problem doing it. Oils have to be compatible with other wts and brands, too much liability.
You are not putting something outside the safe usable range of wts.

SDBs13GT500

Established Member
As an AMSOIL Dealer you can mix the oils. Keep in mind you are mixing a Signature Series oil (more robust additives package) and an XL oil. If you are going to do this run it no more than the XL oil recommendation, 10,000 miles or 6 months. My recommendation is order five more quarts of 5W-50 and use the 10W-40 for something else like your lawn mower.

DJSCIASCIA

Established Member
As an AMSOIL Dealer you can mix the oils. Keep in mind you are mixing a Signature Series oil (more robust additives package) and an XL oil. If you are going to do this run it no more than the XL oil recommendation, 10,000 miles or 6 months. My recommendation is order five more quarts of 5W-50 and use the 10W-40 for something else like your lawn mower.

I only do about 3-4K miles tops a year. That's why I was curious. I have no other use for my 10-40 since 5-50 came out.

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
No big deal. I just mixed 4 qts of 10w30 amsoil ss and 4 qts of amsoil 0w40 ss in my Shelby. I've done stuff like this for yrs in other cars and nothing ever happens. They all have to be compatibles.

Users who are viewing this thread