MK2 GTi- Old School V-Dub's

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Vdubs are alright until hellaflush came around.

I know. I love the old school small cars. Had more of them then badass musclecars. Light FWD car with a zingin 4 banger and lots of grip is the best package. Had a rabbit with a 1.8 swap that went like a scalded cat. Im sure it would run a 15 but you felt like you were doing a 12 and could take on everything. fun and agile. Thats the point. Its a cheap car you can thrash around town. Though unlike most ricers you gotta know your limits. I never raced really fast cars or bragged. Thats a different level and you gotta know what your car is really for. When i had the Rapid Rabbit i also owned a H/C/I 82 GT and it was twice as fast but driving the rabbit to work was just more fun per min.

I hate hella flush. Gimme some 15s with 205/50s on them and a driver with huge balls. These things run circles around alot of small course cars. Its all about max driving pleasure and not caring about breaking shit.

I would feel like such a tool to air bag a jetta on some streched 18's and pimp it around like its a badass car. Its just a VW, I would rather run the backroads in a fast FWD car and let the car do the talking.

Light quick FWD cars about the pure pleasure of driving a nimble car to the limits. Who cares what they are compared to anyone else.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread