MK2 GTi- Old School V-Dub's

Two 5.0s

Established Member
I had 2, 89 GTI 16V's back in the mid 90's. Loved those cars, they were fun to drive.

Last edited:

SuperMarioSVT

Kiss of Death
Established Member
My cousin had a 91' MK2. Now he has a bagged MK4 GLI and a full bolt-on MK5 DSG GTI.

Mk2
7633749576_f807b3c722_b.jpg

7633762232_4a8e77704c_b.jpg

Mk4
7702032894_1ca5d609d1_b.jpg

7702088598_aa4a6b1029_b.jpg

8072479598_41ffb1f978_b.jpg

I don't have any pics of the Mk5 yet.

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
I love my GLI, best DD I've ever owned.

next mod is going to be a tow hook.

My94GT

Established Member
always been a fan of them, but if im going to step back into anything older other then a mustang it would be another air cooled p car. my last was an 87 911 targa. i loved that thing.

slow90coupe

Established Member
I just sold mine. I never really drove the car much since it had some electrical issues and was worn slap out (odometer quit working in 1997 and it was showing 255,000 then lol), but I'd love to have a nice one. I wanted to slam and stance it out, but I decided to just make a profit on it and move on.

IMG_2607.jpg

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Unfortunately SVTp is more of strictly Mustang enthusiasts, rather than car enthusiasts. While I would never own or do one of these projects I can always appreciate something you don't see every day.

Don't give me that shit. I like many cars, including WV, but the OP is just butt ****ing ugly. There is nothing to like about it. What you might have meant was many enthusiasts have different opinions and taste on this site...

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Unfortunately SVTp is more of strictly Mustang enthusiasts, rather than car enthusiasts. While I would never own or do one of these projects I can always appreciate something you don't see every day.

I'm a "car" enthusiast, and all those cars are ugly as ****

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Asthetics are subjective, opinion, not facts. It's individual taste and you don't speak for all enthusiasts. No need to piss on others because it doesn't suit your taste only for you to come in to be negative.

:rolleyes:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member

I find the SN-95 platform (The one in your signature not excluded) to be "ugly as shit," but I don't drop in on every SN-95 thread to rag on people's taste in cars.

People have different opinions - mind blowing, I know. :bored:

This is the only picture I can find of my MK3. This was shortly after I finished putting it together:

jetta2-1.jpg

Engine bay, ghetto intercooler piping and all (Just what I had laying around when it was built):

jetta1-1.jpg

Never had it dyno'd but 20 pounds on a billet 6262 should have been about 380-420whp. That car was a blast.

Last edited:

RedVenom

Da Infamous One
Established Member
Big Dub fan from way back...

90 Corrado G60, 92 Corrado VR6, 90 GTi, 98 GTi VR6 (Vortech supercharged and then EIP Stage 3 turbo), 88 Scirocco 16V among many. I would love a really clean totally redo Mk2 GLI with a VR6 swap and Schrick cams as a DD LOL.

tnuce10

Established Member
I love nicely done old school VW's.

GTI's are nice looking but my favorite has always been Corrados and Sciroccos...something about those just does it for me

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Don't give me that shit. I like many cars, including WV, but the OP is just butt ****ing ugly. There is nothing to like about it. What you might have meant was many enthusiasts have different opinions and taste on this site...

Then hit the ****ing back button and save the bandwith for someone who gives a shit. I highly doubt you go to cars and coffee and seek out an owner of a car that you don't like and tell him about it.

What do you actually do? Walk by.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Then hit the ****ing back button and save the bandwith for someone who gives a shit. I highly doubt you go to cars and coffee and seek out an owner of a car that you don't like and tell him about it.

What do you actually do? Walk by.

Those that know me will tell you otherwise.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread