MKIV Supra Madness

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
Supra lol. I would 5.3 swap it and make big power. Someone would pay enough for a stock 2JZ that we can sleeve and TT a 5.3 and make 1,500+ and have half the money left over.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Supra lol. I would 5.3 swap it and make big power. Someone would pay enough for a stock 2JZ that we can sleeve and TT a 5.3 and make 1,500+ and have half the money left over.

You can get a 2JZ complete motor from Japan for $2k. The fact that they put the motor in multiple other cars doesn't make the engine worth much these days because it isn't unique to the car.

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
I want a 1994 Viper in a bad way. That would look good with a Supra next to it.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

The Vipers has been fairly steady now for a few years.

I just don't understand the Supras.
They are pretty far from pretty, cool or even nice looking in my opinion.
They're good cars, sure I can buy that argument. They seem like they're rock solid for modifications.
But at these prices? For what? In the end it's just a Toyota. It's not a Toyota super car of any sort. Can't be compared to a Honda NSX imo as the old NSX is in a whole different category. It's a poor-mans supercar, like a Viper. (Not anymore they are tho).
But the Supra is just like any Mustang, Camaro, BMW M3 whatever. Their handling is moderate at best, tons of power and a rear seat.

But cars are worth what people pay for them. And people do pay a lot of money for these.

Raced a modded Supra last year in my Viper. Neck and neck with eachother from slow roll to a bit over 200kph where we stopped. My car is stock.
But also quite an unfair comparision, just like with an NSX.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
That works too but that's not what I meant. I meant other factory Toyotas like the Soarer and Aristo that utilize the 2JZ.

I think most people are going to think more along the lines of aftermarket applications on different brands. There's also a guy floating around with a 2JZ in an sn95

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
The Vipers has been fairly steady now for a few years.

I just don't understand the Supras.
They are pretty far from pretty, cool or even nice looking in my opinion.
They're good cars, sure I can buy that argument. They seem like they're rock solid for modifications.
But at these prices? For what? In the end it's just a Toyota. It's not a Toyota super car of any sort. Can't be compared to a Honda NSX imo as the old NSX is in a whole different category. It's a poor-mans supercar, like a Viper. (Not anymore they are tho).
But the Supra is just like any Mustang, Camaro, BMW M3 whatever. Their handling is moderate at best, tons of power and a rear seat.

But cars are worth what people pay for them. And people do pay a lot of money for these.

Raced a modded Supra last year in my Viper. Neck and neck with eachother from slow roll to a bit over 200kph where we stopped. My car is stock.
But also quite an unfair comparision, just like with an NSX.

I am with you on this. Cool cars but not that cool. They pop up on BAT from time to time and a very nice one is >$90k. This is solidly in very nice GTR money at those prices, which is far superior in every way IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread