MM/FF Bolt on Bonanza 11.785/117.31

frank5o

Bleed Ford Blue
Established Member
The car did well, They got some great 60' times on DR's.......Though, the ET's were not as good as I would have expected.

Last edited:

broeli

Established Member
Like I said before..the one they tested before that ran a 12.25 was slightly tweaked. Believe me now? :D
The best they could get stock this time warmed up was 12.5's...(best backed up stock passes)

bubbrubb

broeli said:
Like I said before..the one they tested before that ran a 12.25 was slightly tweaked. Believe me now? :D
The best they could get stock this time warmed up was 12.5's...(best backed up stock passes)
Am I missing something or are you missing something? The car ran 12.38 when it was run in the morning, then ran two 12.5x after it got hotter out.
Baseline Run: 12.380/115.38
Modification Best ET/MPH E.T. Difference MPH Difference
Drag Radials 12.363/113.49 -0.017/NA -1.89/NA
Custom Tune 11.901/116.88 -0.479/-0.462 +1.50/+3.39
After-Cat Exhaust 11.785/117.31 -0.595/-0.116 +1.93/+0.43
now if I'm right, and if all things were equal, the modifications would have a larger effect if they ran in the morning too :thumbsup:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
broeli said:

****Quote from article****

MM&FF Editor and resident car jockey Evan Smith handled the driving duties. After heating up the tires, he rolled into the beams and carefully slipped out the clutch from 4,000 rpm. The Shelby ripped off a 2.010-second 60-foot time, and finished the quarter-mile in 12.38 seconds at 115.38 mph. You may recall we previously ran 12.25 in another test Shelby, but that one was broken in well, and the conditions were improved. In addition, we were fighting a 10- to 15-mph head wind that would stick with us the entire test day. ***End article quote***

Different day, different track, different car, different weather, different wind, I don't think .01 is that big of a difference?!?! Hey, I'm no drag racer I will fully admit but damn, I don't think you could get the same car to duplicate times with that many variables? :shrug:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
broeli said:

:lol:

Like I said before...Do you have confirmation of this? :shrug: Or is it just your (hated) opinion? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Different day, different track, different car, different weather, different wind, I don't think .01 is that big of a difference?!?! Hey, I'm no drag racer I will fully admit but damn, I don't think you could get the same car to duplicate times with that many variables? :shrug:

+1 :thumbsup:

broeli

Established Member
Captain Beyond said:
:lol:

Like I said before...Do you have confirmation of this? :shrug: Or is it just your (hated) opinion? :rolleyes:
:dw: Some things that are known aren't able to be "confirmed". Just like other members that give info on this forum..it is often not going to be confirmed. Just like the info that the GT500's rods let go at 6xxhp during testing. Is it "confirmed"? No. Do some people know it happened? Yes.
BTW, I've never hated the GT500. I have dislikes with it...but I have dislikes with many cars that I still like overall and respect.
.2 tenths isn't a big deal. But when it comes to MM&FF they will do whatever they can to get the best times everytime out and try and better their old times. Look at the trap speeds. Look at them on the infamous 12.25 run and look at them with the tune,dr's on this latest car...hmm 117.18 vs. 116.88.
Believe what you want to. Doesn't really matter anyway :thumbsup:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
broeli said:
:dw: Some things that are known aren't able to be "confirmed". Just like other members that give info on this forum..it is often not going to be confirmed. Just like the info that the GT500's rods let go at 6xxhp during testing. Is it "confirmed"? No. Do some people know it happened? Yes.
BTW, I've never hated the GT500. I have dislikes with it...but I have dislikes with many cars that I still like overall and respect.
.2 tenths isn't a big deal. But when it comes to MM&FF they will do whatever they can to get the best times everytime out and try and better their old times. Look at the trap speeds. Look at them on the infamous 12.25 run and look at them with the tune,dr's on this latest car...hmm 117.18 vs. 116.88.
Believe what you want to. Doesn't really matter anyway :thumbsup:

ignore the obvious and continue to post your dribble, thats fine with us. we could care less!:burn:

11ride4life

Hatorade
Established Member
Why was their a pulley on the car and they didn't list it? either they tested the car with the pulley and didn't talk about it or the pictures wheren't taken during the testing:shrug:

:pop:

untitledpulleyquestion.gif

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
11ride4life said:
Why was their a pulley on the car and they didn't list it? either they tested the car with the pulley and didn't talk about it or the pictures wheren't taken during the testing:shrug:
It's a picture that will be in the next issue, it says next time they are going to up the boost. I am sure they did it the same day but are waiting for the next issue to publish it. Just my opinon.:shrug:

Formula51

Established Member
I am still waiting for Evan Smith to break 12 flat like many were hoping. I understand the conditions were worse but it was also a production car versus the previous pre-production car. I am still not convinced he can do it, but with some help (massive track prep, ice, great weather) I think he has a chance.

How reputable is MM&FF? I am asking because mentioning headwind and conditions can either be accurate important information or good excuses for running slower times.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
wouldnt you expect them to set the facts straight and tell the truth about the car instead of making excuses? i understand that every mustang enthusiast has high hopes for this car(them included) but if it is underperforming compared to the terminator or whatever, dont you think they would let us know and bitch at ford for it? considering it ran a 12.3 with a head wind and other not so perfect conditions, i think there is a very good chance that he could run a 12 flat with optimal conditions(just like hes done with many other cars including the previous cobras).

Formula51

Established Member
Evan Smith NEVER ran a 12 flat with a stock Terminator. His best was 12.4 or 12.5

He did run an 11.9 in a stock C5 Z06.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i said he did? didnt you notice i put the "()" after "with optimal conditions"??? i cant believe i have to explain it but i meant, run good times with OPTIMAL CONDITIONS in other cars including the previous cobras.

11ride4life

Hatorade
Established Member
What are the specs on the wheels they used for the drag radials? I would love to get a set of those Cobra R wheels with 325 DR's. I didn't think that you could fit that much tire under these cars with a 17" wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread