MM full length subframes on 00 cobra R

9secondlx

Established Member
Who would ever lower the value of the car by modifying it?
Maybe someone who has 3 of them.

One of which was raced buy some important people in the industry during that time period. The car still wears most of its prototype parts that was installed for racing. At one time it had kenny brown sub frames and another time it had mm connects on it. I ran across a set of period correct never opened mm subframes from 20 years ago.
The car was part of a private collection which included 2 early Shelby Mustang gt350’s also raced by the same famous people with data logs , signature pictures etc.

I would not expect a response like yours from a tendered member. But to answer it. In this case the car would be more valuable. Kind of like Bob tescas 63 1/2 ford galaxy or the ford thunderbolt.

Weld in subframes can be easily removed with no damage. That’s why I asked if there is other modifications needed. If there is I do not want to start cutting important parts up.

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
The side exit exhaust seems like the only likely issue imho but I haven’t seen how it runs a long time

9secondlx

Established Member
The side exit exhaust seems like the only likely issue imho but I haven’t seen how it runs a long time
Thank you for the reply.
That’s kind of what I was thinking.

I bought my license plate for one of my R’s from a gentleman who worked at Bose in Framingham. I believe he had a full MM suspension on his. So I was hoping he might still be on the site. Kenny brown ran the matrix ones on his r’s which takes up even more room but not as long. The car came with a bunch of OG kenny Brown stuff as well. After 15 years I finally started looking through the box’s.

9secondlx

Established Member
Yes Steve. I have not been on here for like 8-10 ? years either. I think he sold his 00 and bought a cuda or challenger?

9secondlx

Established Member
Dave if u know any local guys with a viper or SRT vehicle. I have an original SRT dealer floor straight off the dealerships showroom. I guess the dealer could order a viper sales package from dodge if they were getting a viper for the showroom.
I was going to use it for my viper. But I did not want to try and weave it with my existing floor and have to move/lift the 2 car lifts.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
As stated, the side exhaust would be the only concern. There's more activity on FB forums. There are a couple that have 00R owners. You may get more response there.

Tom

svtguy

Established Member
I installed Spin tech stepped subframe connectors on my 00R in order to retain the side exhaust. I do not see them on there website anymore so you may have to contact them for availability.

Paul.

Users who are viewing this thread