MMR 900 4.6 and Kenne Bell 2.8 Mammoth on a Mach 1?

white04mach1

Established Member
If anyone can provide info, I would greatly apreciate it. My knowledge of building a motor in low.

I want to know first, if the MMR 900 would fit a 04 Mach 1, and is it worth the money rather than building my stock block. Second, I have Kooks headers for an 03 04 Mach 1, so since the MMR 900 is the current production 03 04 Cobra shortblock, would my headers fit? Next, I want to put a KB 2.8 Mammoth on my car, would I have to buy the kit for an 03 04 Cobra, or would I have to buy it for the Mach 1. And last, would my shaker still fit, or would I have to have a huge hold in my hood?

Sorry for the many questions, but this forum seems to have a bunch of good feedback on the other threads.

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member
not sure on the motor, I'm pretty sure your headers would still fit, if you get the KB mammoth I'm 99.9% sure it wont fit under the shaker. hopefully others can help you more than I did lol Good Luck with the build.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
The mmr 900 will work in your car, any modular motor will fit in your car for that matter, buy the kenne bell kit for the mach one, since your buying a short block that would mean you would have to use your heads which would obviously mean your headers will work. Your shaker is no longer going to fit, I suggest buying a terminator hood

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
If anyone can provide info, I would greatly apreciate it. My knowledge of building a motor in low.

I want to know first, if the MMR 900 would fit a 04 Mach 1, and is it worth the money rather than building my stock block. Second, I have Kooks headers for an 03 04 Mach 1, so since the MMR 900 is the current production 03 04 Cobra shortblock, would my headers fit? Next, I want to put a KB 2.8 Mammoth on my car, would I have to buy the kit for an 03 04 Cobra, or would I have to buy it for the Mach 1. And last, would my shaker still fit, or would I have to have a huge hold in my hood?

Sorry for the many questions, but this forum seems to have a bunch of good feedback on the other threads.

you already have a hole in your hood silly

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
Shaker wil not fit wth that s/c. I saw pics of it sticking out of the hood hole a little bit on M1R. Your headers should fit. I wouldnt buy a termi hood, go with something sweeter. Theres a guy on M1R selling his raised "Mach1" hood with shaker brackets. it looks monsters and similar the stock hood. and its in white

EVO-lution

Established Member
yea those 2.8 mammoths sit high already. they're a big SC. TT's will be able to retain factory shaker. but like everyone else said. motor, headers will fit. well headers will unless you do TT's :)

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
they do make a K member drop to run the big 3.4s so maybe with that it would work. I thought i have seen a mach with the mach hood and shaker on :shrug:

Black 03 Mach

Roll Tide
Established Member
[ame=http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=107302]Kaenan 4" hood modified for shaker for sale - 2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club[/ame]

its what i would/will be doing when i get the need for that much POWAH

Last edited:

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member
they make the 3.4 for the DOHC mod motors :poke: that came in the cobras and mach :-D

I know lol I had heard that the newer mustang motors can be dropped lower in the engine bay to make room for the larger S/C? so that's why I said I didn't know if it would fit on it.

Users who are viewing this thread